PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Site News & Announcements (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   HobbesIsReal & Malatesta to write for WM Experts (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=7293)

Malatesta 08-16-2007 07:43 PM

HobbesIsReal & Malatesta to write for WM Experts

So this is just an "official" announcement for those who enjoy the writings of HobbesIsReal and mine here at PPCgeeks, Treocentral, etc....

Myself & HobbesIsReal have taken jobs with WM Experts on their Frontpage:

:arrow: WM Experts

It'll include:

- Tips, tricks and hacks
- Hardware & accessory product Reviews
- Industry trends and news

It's written for general WM audiences. Eventually that site will expand to include the Palm Foleo, where I'll also be contributing.

So if you are fond of our insights, opinions and knowledge, feel free to tag along here and there! I suggest using the RSS feature to check for updates.

(I'll be doing product reviews of the BlueAnt BT headset, a GPS unit for the Treo and the Impatica Showmate soon as well as a guide to Mobile Blogging. Hobbes has some product reviews coming soon too... :thumbleft:)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: Does this mean we're not posting at PPCGeeks anymore?

A: Heck no! This is just an opportunity for the both of us to expand our knowledge and give a centralized system for posting. Instead of posting at 3-4 sites, redundantly, we can condense a little.

Plus we get the chance for hands-on product reviews, which will benefit the entire WM community. This just feels like a natural progression for our abilities and more prominent exposure.

But the both of us are expected to continue posting here, no real changes.

PS If anyone has ideas for a "how to guide" or suggestions for issue we should address that you think we should do, drop us a PM!

PSS
Also, user Taylorh is writing for them too though he is mostly known at Treocentral and HF.

HobbesIsReal 08-16-2007 08:19 PM

Re: HobbesIsReal & Malatesta to write for WM Experts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malatesta
(I'll be doing product reviews of the BlueAnt BT headset, a GPS unit for the Treo and the Impatica Showmate soon as well as a guide to Mobile Blogging. Hobbes has some product reviews coming soon too... :thumbleftt:)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: Does this mean we're not posting at PPCGeeks anymore?

A: Heck no! This is just an opportunity for the both of us to expand our knowledge and give a centralized system for posting. Instead of posting at 3-4 sites, redundantly, we can condense a little.

Plus we get the chance for hands-on product reviews, which will benefit the entire WM community. This just feels like a natural progression for our abilities and more prominent exposure.

But the both of us are expected to continue posting here, no real changes.

I just wanted to confirm what Malatesta said that nothing will change much with our participation on anyone of the several forums we frequent on a regular basis.

As an example of how much this forum will help....with so many concerns shared about battery life and BT issues with the Mogul, my first reviews will include the Seidio OEM Extended battery for the Mogul, The Motorola H700 BT headset, and the Blueant Supertooth II BT Speakerphone.

The cool thing about this opportunity is it will give us a great chance to really dive into hardware / software questions dealing with compatibility or ease of use on several different types of phones....which will certainly be able to help the members directly in the forums we frequent here at PCGeeks.

Again if there is something that you think would be cool to review or to see if it works with the Mogul....let me know.

Wideawake 08-16-2007 09:35 PM

hmm congrats and have fun guys! so whose gonna write for us. ;) jk who knows what this site will end up looking like. :) and enjoy and best of luck. :thumbleft:
~mike

2sa 08-16-2007 09:42 PM

congratulations and good luck to you both....I will take any demos once you are done with them.

budney 08-16-2007 09:52 PM

Nice going both of you, congrats! :thumbright:

GirlGoneGeek 08-16-2007 10:22 PM

same

congrats to all of you!! :D

Pibe38 08-18-2007 02:20 PM

Nice job! Congratulations!

bunnytrigger 08-18-2007 03:56 PM

WHOA!!! you guys are uber 1337 now, I always appreciate your work and all the things you guys have done to keep this community going.

big capitalized THANK YOU to both of you, and wish you the best of luck on this exciting jump being taken by both of you :)

Looking forward to reading your articles :D :roll:

by the way, what are your real names? So i know what to look for under the article writer :D

HobbesIsReal 08-18-2007 11:03 PM

Thanks everyone.

Bunnytrigger: We will both be posting under our same names as on the forums.