PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Site News & Announcements
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2009, 04:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Tips for Searching

There will be no bashing or flaming for sharing your opinion. Everyone is entitled to theirs. I understand what you are saying about searching specific threads. I was looking for something today within a thread and it took me a while. You mentioned the problem of not meeting the length requirement for search terms. I mentioned a way to circumvent this issue in the first post. You can add an * as a wild card to meet the minimum character requirements. For example, searching for Touch HD will give you the error. Searching for Touch HD* will not. I know the basic search funtion is less than perfect, but it is what it is and we have to do the best we can with it. I agree with you 100% that people shouldn't be chastized for not finding info after searching. But, I at least expect people to try finding information using several different search methods before posting. If someone does that and still doesn't find an answer, no one should hassle them about it.

Having problems finding what you're looking for? Here are some tips on how to search the site more effectively.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:32 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Great job! Searching can sometimes be overwhelming and frustrating. There is so much information on this site to digest.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-20-2009, 02:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Vogue/Touch_Pro
Carrier: Sprint

hdkilner is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to hdkilner

should make this a must read for ALL members, It gets real old having the grouchy peeps on here barking at you ...Great job thank you.

Old 03-20-2009, 02:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

Keir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to Keir333 Send a message via Yahoo to Keir333 Send a message via Skype™ to Keir333

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasphemous_prime View Post
The artist formerly known as Tripdub1 doing his thing with the most outstanding idea since the sticky for Reporting Spam Posts. This is so good and essential that this needs to be the sticky of all stickys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdkilner View Post
should make this a must read for ALL members, It gets real old having the grouchy peeps on here barking at you ...Great job thank you.
I completely agree!

Is there anyway possible that the original post could be sent as a mass private message to ALL members?.....just a thought.

-Keir-
Old 03-20-2009, 10:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

SunShineQT is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via ICQ to SunShineQT Send a message via Yahoo to SunShineQT

Hafrust, I would like to say THANK YOU for saying that, because i was scared to post something and I have looked and searched all over and wasn't getting anywhere. THANKS to Keir333 and Selders59, they were very understanding, helpful, nice and the responce time was pretty fast. I'm beginning to love this site more and more. Being nice goes a very long way.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Quote:
I completely agree!

Is there anyway possible that the original post could be sent as a mass private message to ALL members?.....just a thought.
Thanks for the support guys! I don't know about sending it out as a mass pm, but it is here in the site rules forum, which I know everyone reads before posting.....lol. Just try and remember to pay it forward and help someone else out when you can.

Quote:
Hafrust, I would like to say THANK YOU for saying that, because i was scared to post something and I have looked and searched all over and wasn't getting anywhere. THANKS to Keir333 and Selders59, they were very understanding, helpful, nice and the responce time was pretty fast. I'm beginning to love this site more and more. Being nice goes a very long way.
Glad to see you get your feet wet! I'm sure you'll find it's much more fun around here when you feel free to get involved. There are so many intelligent people around here who are really eager to help, so don't be afraid.

Last edited by Hafrust; 03-20-2009 at 10:19 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:28 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc6800
Carrier: alltell

watsonboy225 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to watsonboy225

Thanks!
Old 05-30-2009, 12:36 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: motoq9c
Carrier: US Cellelar

penincali is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to penincali
this is very helpful for this ole newbie
Old 06-01-2009, 08:57 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

I have been searching for help on searching for over threee months and just now got these results...

Seriously though, nice work bro
Old 06-01-2009, 09:03 AM
VIP BABY
Pocket PC: moto driod
Carrier: verzion

madcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on rep

+1 on the awesome post!

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Site News & Announcements