PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Samsung Omnia (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Can't disable the Lock Device button when on the Phone...! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=49501)

Image911 12-17-2008 03:32 PM

Can't disable the Lock Device button when on the Phone...!

Greetings - and Happy Holidays, fellow Geeks!

As I attempt to learn the quirks and pluses of my Omnia, I noticed that there are two prime issues I have with the device... for one, even with the ear piece's volume set at the highest setting - the phone is uniquely quiet. I've mused about same in as yet another posting. In an effort to hear calls better (outside, for example) I opt to use the Speaker whilst on a phone call. And here lies the problem...

Like nearly all of my fellow Omnia brothers and sisters - I am caused to hit a series of buttons before I can begin a conversation - they being not just the Answer button (if receiving a call) but also the freekin' "Press the Action Key to unlock the Touch Key"... and THEN I can depress the Speaker button. I suppose it was Samsung's idea to avoid any accidental button depresses when someone is on the phone and it comes into contact with the user's face. I know the iPhone has addressed the matter by turning off the screen and associated features when the phone is held against the face (...duh...). I thought that the Omnia shared a similar feature. If this was it - it ain't worth the effort.

I know that in the Settings option, there lies a section called Buttons - where the user can "customize" his or her special (yet highly limited) selections... one of which being under the End Key. Sadly, this selection, albeit shown - is (sic) locked-out (pun intended...).

Any suggestions - this side of a virtual can opener...?!?!

syrguy1969 12-17-2008 03:41 PM

Re: Can't disable the Lock Device button when on the Phone...!

There is a tweak to disable that lock, but it also takes some of the function buttons away as well (the ones along the right side I believe. I tried it at one point, but didn't like it. If you like, I can did it up again!!

As for the volume, I have always been happy with it, but I do recall a reg tweak for that as well, I can see about finding that one as well if you like!!

Image911 12-17-2008 03:57 PM

I know with the VX6800 we just had to make a few adjustments to the phone - after typing in ##778, but I don't believe this non-HTC phone has the same.

johnny bravo 01-05-2009 12:08 PM

There is a nice application named Audio Notes. It's freeware and you have the option to enable speakerphone each time you answer/call somebody. I still can't hear quite good with my left ear because my phone is anyway very loud even without speakerphone and I cursed him all day long not knowing the cause. Thank God I didn't have to rewrite the ROM again. :)