PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2008, 04:59 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Omnia problems and solutions thread!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripdub1 View Post
I'm just curious...how is the memory usage on this phone? Any problems with it having only 128mb?
It is a bit of a bummer VZW gyped us out again, but considering the 8GB onboard, it isn't QUITE as painful LOL!!! I am playing around with what can be installed on the 'My Memory' that previously had to go onto my PPC....so far...except for S2U2 (I'm not messing up a good thing) if it offers a choice, it works pretty well from memory!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lylej2k View Post
NP. the diamond thing is a tweak program, maybe it just does that, writes the string... let me know if it works. How far down the string does it go?
I will look at this a bit, but what I am looking for is the behaviour my 700wx had...a text would come in and PocketCM would over-lay S2U2 and I could read it and reply like that.

Old 12-03-2008, 05:00 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

blile is becoming a great contributor

Ok so I made a DWORD value "DisableSMSWakeUpEvent" DWORD data 0

And it still didnt work.

Did I do it right?
Old 12-03-2008, 05:27 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

FYI: I tried a Hard Reset to see if that would fix the SMS Notification thing...didnt work. But it does seem like my keyboard lag is gone. Im going to keep testing.
Old 12-03-2008, 05:30 PM
Geek'n it Up
Pocket PC: xv6700 >> xv6800 >> BB Storm
Carrier: Red Devil Verizon

Lylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Lylej2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by blile View Post
Ok so I made a DWORD value "DisableSMSWakeUpEvent" DWORD data 0

And it still didnt work.

Did I do it right?
Was the rest of the string there? You never told me how far down that string you got

there might already be one lurking around in the registry. I don't have one yet, so i can't search for it myself
Don't forget to hit the

Old 12-03-2008, 05:39 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

This is what is shown under the "RIL" folder:
String Value- Name: Default, String: (blank)
String Value- Name: Dll, String: rilcdma.dll
Dword Value- Name: Index, DWord Data: 1
Dword Value- Name: Order, Dword Data: 2
String Value- Name: Prefix, String: RIL

Hope that makes sense. I am new to Reg Edits. Let me know if you have questions. Thanks for your help.
Old 12-03-2008, 05:45 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Another problem I had was the unresponsiveness of the touch screen. I read on a forum somewhere, cant remember where, someone posted a solution that works.

Go to screen calibration "align screen"
1. use an object with a skinny tip. I used a paper clip
2. Look directly above the screen, not at an angle
3. tap lightly on the cross hairs and wait for the cross to move 2-3 seconds.

Once you complete calibration, it will be much more responsive. There is a greater delay in the cross responding to our taps on the Omnia than my 6900 so I pressed too hard when calibrating the first time, and the screen became less responsive.

This may seem basic, but it really helped me. Hopefully it will help someone else.
This post has been thanked 7 times.
Old 12-03-2008, 06:01 PM
Geek'n it Up

Lylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by blile View Post
Another problem I had was the unresponsiveness of the touch screen. I read on a forum somewhere, cant remember where, someone posted a solution that works.

Go to screen calibration "align screen"
1. use an object with a skinny tip. I used a paper clip
2. Look directly above the screen, not at an angle
3. tap lightly on the cross hairs and wait for the cross to move 2-3 seconds.

Once you complete calibration, it will be much more responsive. There is a greater delay in the cross responding to our taps on the Omnia than my 6900 so I pressed too hard when calibrating the first time, and the screen became less responsive.

This may seem basic, but it really helped me. Hopefully it will help someone else.
I wonder if there's a screen pressure setting in the registry... I'm gonna get this device real soon.
Old 12-03-2008, 08:08 PM
Lurker

PuffinMyLye is a n00b

I'm having an issue with my phone, I've had it for 1 day now. It is in regards to activating the screen after the backlight has gone out. When I first got the phone, I had to click the call button to get the screen back on and it would always activate the phone dialing keypad (I'm assuming this isn't the way it's supposed to be done). Now that doesn't even work, I can press the call or end call buttons and I hear them working but the screen stays blank. Now the only thing that activates the screen again for me is pressing the power button.

Is this normal? How are you normally supposed to activate your screen after it's gone out?
Old 12-04-2008, 12:27 AM
Geek'n it Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuffinMyLye View Post
I'm having an issue with my phone, I've had it for 1 day now. It is in regards to activating the screen after the backlight has gone out. When I first got the phone, I had to click the call button to get the screen back on and it would always activate the phone dialing keypad (I'm assuming this isn't the way it's supposed to be done). Now that doesn't even work, I can press the call or end call buttons and I hear them working but the screen stays blank. Now the only thing that activates the screen again for me is pressing the power button.

Is this normal? How are you normally supposed to activate your screen after it's gone out?
That's normal. when your screen goes out, the phone isn't off, its sleeping, pressing the power button wakes it up
Old 12-04-2008, 09:36 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: samsung i900 omnia

madalinamazilu is a n00b

Hi, I just got my omnia phone and there are some things that bother me:
1. Before Omnia I had a Nokia phone that was able to jump to the next track or radio station from the the headset. Samsung it's not able to do such thing. when pressing the headset button he jumps directly to phone (dialing menu).
2. I'm not able to make my phone to connect to my wireless router. I have a wireless 802.11 b/g wifi router with WEP encryption. My omnia detects the wireless network, asks me for the key and then it tries to connect and doesn't succedes.

Thank in advance, for any solutions for this two problems.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia