PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Samsung Omnia II (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   Touch Wiz Wallpaper (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=99725)

benven 12-02-2009 09:15 AM

Touch Wiz Wallpaper

Just got me an Omnia II from Bell. I can't figure out how to change the wallpapers on 2 out of the 3 Touch Wiz screens. The main screen acts like the today screen. So if I change the wallpaper, it works. How about the other 2? Any ideas? Sick of looking at cumquats and leaves :) Thanks!

hoola 12-02-2009 12:00 PM

Re: Touch Wiz Wallpaper

just got home with mine. goto the screen you want to change and drag the wallpaper widget off to that screen ....change it...then just throw the widget back on the side bar. Im sure there are an easier way but that is how i did it. I guess we should read the manual. but that is no fun!! :) have fun with your o2. I love mine so far. I did turn off feedback and sound for taps....uggg annoying.

benven 12-02-2009 06:33 PM

Thanks hoola. Didn't even see that widget. Shut off the feedback right away! Take care.

darkyogi 12-24-2009 01:21 AM

Another somewhat permanent way would be to go to settings->Today->Themes(Obviously after disabling the touch wiz from the settings->general settings menu...from the Start icon at the top left of the home screen..as this seems to be the only way to get to the original win mo menu) and tick the box Apply as Wallpaper followed by tapping the browse box next to it. From the list appearing in the my pictures list view this takes you...choose the desired wallpaer. This won't only make your today wallpaper permanent( as mine...in fact the B7610 with WinMO6.1 has a tendency to return to the original 'Saffron' Wallpaper after every soft reset..) but will also become the today's background while you use the drop down WinMO menu like me after disabling the touch wiz. This is my first post in the forum hope this helps.. All the best

Shemmy 12-25-2009 12:14 PM

An easier way is to go to settings -> display settings -> wallpaper

benven 12-25-2009 03:19 PM

Thanks for the replies guys. At least on my O2, that only changes the wallpaper on the main screen. Not the other screens. hoola's method works.

Shemmy 12-26-2009 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benven (Post 1436994)
Thanks for the replies guys. At least on my O2, that only changes the wallpaper on the main screen. Not the other screens. hoola's method works.

The method I posted allows you to change all three Widget screens and the lock screen. It assumes you are using the Samsung Settings application.

benven 12-27-2009 07:41 AM

Thanks Shemmy. That was the first thing I tried. Unfortunately, on my Bell O2, the Samsung settings only changed the wallpaper on the home Touch Wiz screen and the lock screen but not the other 2 Touch Wiz screens. Hence, the question.

Shemmy 12-27-2009 08:59 AM

That's odd. Maybe it's a VZW thing.