PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia II
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2010, 02:39 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Samsung Omnia II SCH-i920 Review

The omnia's give great sound quality, media or voice calls. It takes all type of bluetooth headsets. It's not an AMOLED screen but is pretty nice and easy to see in the light in most cases. Yes you can change the volume several easy ways and it has speed dial. The rest maybe someone else can answer.

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:57 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia II
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Geebox is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Samsung Omnia II SCH-i920 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokky View Post
So, uh... how is this as a phone? Radical question, I know ;-}
Excellent phone and multi media
Things such as:
  • Clarity of earphone sound
  • How it sounds to those you talk to
  • Bluetooth headset pairing (in particular, I am deaf in one ear, so I cannot use any setup that requires a stereo headset, and would like both phone use and music listening to work on a mono headset)
  • How visible is the phone screen in sunlight - is AMOLED good for that?
  • Can it be set to only vibrate for calls/messages in "meeting mode"?
  • Speed dial setup from contacts ?
Also, can ICS (Internet Connection Sharing), and or wModem be used on it, preferably with a USB for charging/security/simplicity, but BT is ok, also. My aging XV6800 does those quite well, and that is about my deal-breaker (which is what happened with couple Androids I tried - not even PDAnet for Android would work with my work notebook running WinXP, but ICS "just works").

Has anyone tried this with a Celio Redfly? Their compatibility list has the Omnia I (or at least no number after the name), but not the II.

TIA
Coming from the XV6800 as I did, you will like this phone. It still is the best Windows Mobile to date.
ICS can be used. I also use WMWifiRouter as it turns the phone into a mini router allowing several computers to connect to the net with the laptops wifi.

Clarity of earphone sound - Excellent
  • How it sounds to those you talk to - Very Clear
  • Bluetooth headset pairing (in particular, I am deaf in one ear, so I cannot use any setup that requires a stereo headset, and would like both phone use and music listening to work on a mono headset) Yes No Problem
  • How visible is the phone screen in sunlight - is AMOLED good for that? Bright sunlight will make it less visible unless you turn up the brightness
  • Can it be set to only vibrate for calls/messages in "meeting mode"? Yes
  • Speed dial setup from contacts ? Yes
Haven't tried Celio Redfly, but if it worked on the Orginal Omnia it should work on the O2. I would email them first.

Putting a custom Rom on it will make it even better.

Bottom line is, if you are going to stick with Windows Mobile then I recommend this phone for your next one.
Rom 3.2.3 Titan Reloaded 1.3.2
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia II