PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Samsung Moment (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   Samsng Moment screen Recalibration (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=111909)

insomniac 02-23-2010 11:56 PM

Samsng Moment screen Recalibration

Anyone know if it is possible?

SAShady 02-24-2010 12:29 AM

Re: Samsng Moment screen Recalibration

Quote:

Originally Posted by insomniac (Post 1586668)
Anyone know if it is possible?

i thought you weren't able to calibrate a capacitive touch screen.

insomniac 02-24-2010 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAShady (Post 1586775)
i thought you weren't able to calibrate a capacitive touch screen.

I cant remeber the site and forum, but when I tried a google search on this topic, I found out the hero can be calibrated, which is weird anyway because when I was playing with it in the store the other day, that screen was so responsive, samsung deployed this capactive screen horribly.

outerpip 02-24-2010 02:18 AM

I've done research too.....so far, the usual verdict is that it cannot be calibrated. If you find everything, you can install and calibrate the HTC qwerty/compact keyboard .apk, but thats about it. I agree with the fact that the moments screen is terrible as compared to the hero, which is unfortunate.

insomniac 02-24-2010 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by outerpip (Post 1587036)
I've done research too.....so far, the usual verdict is that it cannot be calibrated. If you find everything, you can install and calibrate the HTC qwerty/compact keyboard .apk, but thats about it. I agree with the fact that the moments screen is terrible as compared to the hero, which is unfortunate.

I saw that too. I am going to look intp it when I have more time to mess with stuff like that. Maybe the weekend. If it works propely on this phone and oddly unresponsove screen then it would be a keeper, its a good keyboard as my first impression of it showed to be. Well, maybe someone can chime in here at one point with a how to tut on calibrating this screen, its crazy that my tp2 restrictive screen is usually more responsive than this one.

elephant007 02-24-2010 10:32 AM

Since it is a captive screen it will not need recalibration. If you feel you need to recalibrate, your only option is to do a factory reset. VolDown+Send+End and follow the on screen prompts.

insomniac 02-24-2010 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elephant007 (Post 1587419)
Since it is a captive screen it will not need recalibration. If you feel you need to recalibrate, your only option is to do a factory reset. VolDown+Send+End and follow the on screen prompts.

Every screen on any device regardless of technology type, has to be calibrated to work. I use to deal with mc donalds and the newer registers use capacitive and the tech has a choice to recalibrate the screens which you get to by the manger putting in the passcode for you. I don't know why the average user thinks that capacative is not calibrated, all screens are calibrated, and there has to be a way to do it. } need to root this weekend, maybe that's the only way to figure it out, unless I return the phone, that's how unresponsivve the screen is and I have gone through 2 models, a reload of os twice, and a factory reset.

elephant007 02-24-2010 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by insomniac (Post 1587970)
Every screen on any device regardless of technology type, has to be calibrated to work. I use to deal with mc donalds and the newer registers use capacitive and the tech has a choice to recalibrate the screens which you get to by the manger putting in the passcode for you. I don't know why the average user thinks that capacative is not calibrated, all screens are calibrated, and there has to be a way to do it. } need to root this weekend, maybe that's the only way to figure it out, unless I return the phone, that's how unresponsivve the screen is and I have gone through 2 models, a reload of os twice, and a factory reset.

All I'm giving you is what I read, let me find it and I'll post the link. You can recalibrate the screen and I told you how it can be done. Maybe you have too much electromagnetic output in your fingers? :)
I have no problems with my phone.

I was reading the Samsung Moment manual and it mentioned that the screen responds better to light touches versus heavy presses. Just curious if you've tried lighter touches?

I've been looking for the calibration captive screen thing, some hard evidence... surely we can find this thing

I emailed Samsung Tech support asking if there was any way to recalibrate the screen, their response is below
Quote:

Dear Elephant007,

Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately, there are no configurable options to recalibrate the screen. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this presents.

Do you have more questions regarding your Samsung Mobile Phone? For 24 hour information and assistance, we offer our new FAQ/ARS System - Automated Response System.

We do thank you for your continued interest in Samsung products.

Sincerely,

Technical Support

insomniac 02-25-2010 05:42 AM

well, sprint replaced my device today since i am still in the 30 days, screen is slightly better, atleast i dont have to click slightly left of anything i need to click, but sensitvity is still not there. factory reseting does not fix the issue. I think its a major hit and miss with this phone. this one is better. now i need to know how to fix the sensitivity, lol.

bradart 02-25-2010 10:49 AM

If your screen was inaccurately positioning presses, it means that your digitizer was messed up in some way. On the hero, the recalibration is strictly for the software keyboard and aids in the word correction algorythm when you hit the wrong letters. It has no bearing on the interaction with the screen, just how to fix words when you screw them up. Capacitive screen can be calibrated at the factory and, barring a hardware issue, will always turn out exactly the same because the digitizer is electromagnetic. On a resistive screen, there is variation in the resistence of the plastic and therefore cannot be consistently calibrated at the factory, so they make you do it yourself. Hope this helps.