PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Samsung Moment Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=191)
-   -   [ ROM ] [ v1.5.1 \ DE03 ] Calkulin's Moment 2.1 ROM (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=117534)

pillaroo 04-22-2010 10:00 AM

Re: [ ROM ] [ v1.3a ] Calkulin's Moment 2.1 DD10 ROM

I love the Rom and for the most part everything works fine. It seems that I have a issue with the batt. not lasting as long as it did with the other Rom or is it just my phone because my batt last all day as before. Thank you in advance.

InvincibleLiving 04-22-2010 11:47 AM

Just dropping in to say what's up to Calk. Dude you're missed over on the TP2 side and there's quite a furor over what to do with that thread. The links to kitchen 1.6R3 are dead. Please stop in over there and give these poor saps some closure?

the post linked below is what the thread is amounting to lol

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...06#post1712906

rainfreak 04-22-2010 12:43 PM

I am sure that he is missed over there, because we are happy as hell that he is over here!

savir90 04-22-2010 06:08 PM

calk, is there a such thing as a kitchen for android? and will u be uploading a "kitchen"

crogs571 04-23-2010 01:04 AM

My battery life has been crap to the point I went through a duracell charger and the battery in about 6hrs. I'm constantly charging it. The rabbit ROM seemed to do wonders compared to this.
Quote:

Originally Posted by pillaroo (Post 1713003)
I love the Rom and for the most part everything works fine. It seems that I have a issue with the batt. not lasting as long as it did with the other Rom or is it just my phone because my batt last all day as before. Thank you in advance.

Cobaltikus 04-23-2010 09:05 AM

Quote:

+1 on battery life

"My" moment used to last all day without needing a charge. After flashing this rom "I" had to charge it twice a day. Charged overnight, and then once in the middle of the day.

Switched back to the stock sprint rom in the first post and staying with that for now until this is "fixed"

I wonder if there are features enabled by default in this rom that consequently drain the battery faster, that we could disable or change. Like bluetooth, push email, display brightness, something that checks for something at set intervals in which we could lessen the frequency..., etc.

elephant007 04-23-2010 04:32 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by crogs571 (Post 1714592)
My battery life has been crap to the point I went through a duracell charger and the battery in about 6hrs. I'm constantly charging it. The rabbit ROM seemed to do wonders compared to this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cobaltikus (Post 1714834)
+1 on battery life

"My" moment used to last all day without needing a charge. After flashing this rom "I" had to charge it twice a day. Charged overnight, and then once in the middle of the day.

Switched back to the stock sprint rom in the first post and staying with that for now until this is "fixed"

I wonder if there are features enabled by default in this rom that consequently drain the battery faster, that we could disable or change. Like bluetooth, push email, display brightness, something that checks for something at set intervals in which we could lessen the frequency..., etc.

Sweet, I now know it's not an app I installed!!! I too am suffering from battery drainage!

jewman 04-24-2010 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elephant007 (Post 1715659)
Sweet, I now know it's not an app I installed!!! I too am suffering from battery drainage!

Me as well, I flashed a few days ago, I'm not sure if its as bad as you guys. But it is quite noticeable.
To improve battery live i:
*Turn of EVDO when i don't need, or don't have a good signal.
*Turn off Auto-sync, and background data when not needing it.
*Tun GPS off.
*Use SetCPU to lower power, Especially in sleep, unless you listen to music with the screen off because it makes it nearly impossible to get your phone out of sleep, and at a certain battery percentage( i use 60% and go down to a max of 400Mhz).
*With ATK it comes with a widget that you can push to kill all the running, non ignored apps. I think it may save more battery than keeping the ATK program running all the time in the title bar.

Thats all i have off the top of my head, but hopefully it'll help someone a little bit, until Calkulin can figure out if theres something he can do?

Also, on a side note Thanks for building this up, other than the battery issue everything seems to be working very nicely. A few freezes with multitasking with music, and random crashes, but its still an overall improvement

Ragster 04-24-2010 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainfreak (Post 1713297)
I am sure that he is missed over there, because we are happy as hell that he is over here!

Yeah.. I get to experience Calk withdrawal and come here now lol

But +1 with the battery issue, went from 60->40 just by turning on google maps and checking traffic for 2 mins lol, at least the battery is MUCH better than stock.. Would die for me in hours lol

Jmz 04-25-2010 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by savir90 (Post 1713977)
calk, is there a such thing as a kitchen for android? and will u be uploading a "kitchen"

It seems to be just restoring a backup of a phone customized but i could be wrong