PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment > Samsung Moment Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2010, 12:45 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: [ ROM ] [ v1.0 ] Calkulin's Moment ROM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calkulin View Post
It's just a matter of removing the apk & data files from the restore tar
Nice, that is exactly what I thought that I had read. Thanks bro, your ROM looks awesome and I hope that you don't take it personal that I want to pull a few apps. I already downloaded so after a quick lunch (and a couple episodes of American Dad! on the work PC) I will be flashing.
Old 04-05-2010, 12:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

kalel3038 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

ok thanks man and one more question is there anyway to back up with cl14 recovery console??
Old 04-05-2010, 12:51 PM
Lurker

Linckraker is a n00b

i'm curious to know how well the wifi tether works? does it still have the radio shutoff problem?
Old 04-05-2010, 12:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Threadstarter

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalel3038 View Post
ok thanks man and one more question is there anyway to back up with cl14 recovery console??

If you use the Sprint update utility, it will return everything back to stock including the recovery console

Old 04-05-2010, 12:53 PM
Lurker

kalel3038 is a n00b

so what do you recommend?? cause i kind of want to keep all my stuff!!! this is all new to me...
Old 04-05-2010, 01:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Raphael 800
Carrier: Sextel

RavenTBK is keeping up the good workRavenTBK is keeping up the good workRavenTBK is keeping up the good work

There really isnt anything when you come from stock. You need to flash a different recovery console first. You can flash recovery without wiping your stock setup. The only issue is if you restore the backup you create, you will overwrite any new stuff that comes with the rom with the stock stuff you backed up.

Now, if you're just worried about contacts, those will be restored automagically when you sign in with your google account once the new rom is in place.
Old 04-05-2010, 01:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: moment
Carrier: sprint

cnstarz is a n00b

did you replace launcher.apk with advancedlauncher? if so, you can have up to 9 or 10 homescreens, not just 5.
Old 04-05-2010, 01:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Threadstarter

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnstarz View Post
did you replace launcher.apk with advancedlauncher? if so, you can have up to 9 or 10 homescreens, not just 5.

Yes there are more than 5 but the restore includes that, so that's why it says that
Old 04-05-2010, 01:14 PM
Lurker

kalel3038 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenTBK View Post
There really isnt anything when you come from stock. You need to flash a different recovery console first. You can flash recovery without wiping your stock setup. The only issue is if you restore the backup you create, you will overwrite any new stuff that comes with the rom with the stock stuff you backed up.

Now, if you're just worried about contacts, those will be restored automagically when you sign in with your google account once the new rom is in place.
well i think what i am going to do is use sms back up and astro to back up my apps and then download atrack dog and re-download all apps again cause i want wifi tethering cause at this moment its not possible with out a custom rom right???
Old 04-05-2010, 01:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Moment

LouZiffer is a n00b

SDX has done a lot of testing with wireless tethering. Just be sure to use SetCPU to underclock your CPU to 266/266 (min/max) before you use it. That'll avoid the radio lockups.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment > Samsung Moment Development