PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Samsung Moment Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=191)
-   -   [ ROM ] [ v1.1 ] Calkulin's Moment 1.5 ROM (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=117036)

joeykrim 04-05-2010 12:34 PM

Re: [ ROM ] [ v1.0 ] Calkulin's Moment ROM

nice to see a ROM for the Moment. looks good!
interesting choice of kernels and apps.

are we privy to know what "Tweaks" listed up top entails?
can you post up which versions of speedrabbit and zefie kernels you've included?

fixxxer2012 04-05-2010 12:37 PM

WOW...nice looking roms. can you guys tell me the difference between the two roms posted? i may just trade my hero for a moment today just for the keyboard!

do you need to be rooted to use this?

Calkulin 04-05-2010 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeykrim (Post 1681965)
nice to see a ROM for the Moment. looks good!
interesting choice of kernels and apps.

are we privy to know what "Tweaks" listed up top entails?
can you post up which versions of speedrabbit and zefie kernels you've included?

1.7 & 14.3 and I include it now in the first post. As for the tweaks, just some basic tweaks, nothing special as I'm still learning how to modify the System files

rainfreak 04-05-2010 12:39 PM

Looks great calk, thanks! One question for you...

How easy would it be for me to remove a couple of the apps from the rom before flashing (i.e. Opera Mini 5, HTC IME, Swype and Advanced Task Killer), as I already have apps that I personally prefer over those.

Calkulin 04-05-2010 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 (Post 1681974)
WOW...nice looking roms. can you guys tell me the difference between the two roms posted? i may just trade my hero for a moment today just for the keyboard!

do you need to be rooted to use this?

Just the kernels, I use Speedrabbit's for now but some prefer Zefie's, so that's why there is 2

kalel3038 04-05-2010 12:41 PM

hey guys was up i am new here so this is my first post and my first question is i am lost....we can install this rom onto our phone with out rooting???

Calkulin 04-05-2010 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainfreak (Post 1681980)
Looks great calk, thanks! One question for you...

How easy would it be for me to remove a couple of the apps from the rom before flashing (i.e. Opera Mini 5, HTC IME, Swype and Advanced Task Killer), as I already have apps that I personally prefer over those.

It's just a matter of removing the apk & data files from the restore tar. But just so you know, if you restore on top of my restore, your restore will delete(format to be exact) the data directory, so there wouldn't be a point to doing 2

Calkulin 04-05-2010 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kalel3038 (Post 1681986)
hey guys was up i am new here so this is my first post and my first question is i am lost....we can install this rom onto our phone with out rooting???

Yes, just follow the instructions on the first post

raynejarre 04-05-2010 12:44 PM

Installed and running on Speedrabbit's kernel. Thanks again for all your awesome work over the years on the Diamond, TP, and now the moment Calculin. Just got my moment last Friday, and was ecstatic to hear you were releasing a ROM.

Thanks again for the awesome work :)

elephant007 04-05-2010 12:45 PM

thanks I'm going to give this a go, nice to see more desktop screens other than the 3 given to us by Samsung!