PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Intrepid
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2011, 12:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid
Carrier: T-mobile

iskapooh is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Intrepid GSM Carrier Locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsree View Post
Was able to successfully SIM unlock my Intrepid. Thanks to everyone on the thread.
so kingsree how did you actually unlock it. i mean from the above noted instructions which one actually worked for you.

i was just wondering as i just bought this phone over at ebay thinking i could just use it with the wifi connection. but it would be nice if i could also use it with my actual mobile carrier - tmobile.
Old 08-26-2011, 12:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid
Carrier: T-mobile

iskapooh is a n00b

well actually the only reason we bought this phone is because we are trying to cut back on our expenses and decided to do away with traditional phone and cable services. for phone communication we rely on google voice. since we have a wifi router in the house i figured we could use the intrepid to connect to the internet so we would not just be tied up with our pc.

but it would really be great to have it work with our tmobile prepaid account for emergency purposes or when we travel where there is no wifi connection.

we dont have a sprint account so am not sure whether i could just call sprint and ask for the MSL code woul work.

appreciate any insight on this. thanks.
Old 01-20-2012, 02:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid Iphone 3G
Carrier: AT&T

shane0613 is a n00b

I have the same issue with a Sprint Samsung Intrepid that I need to unlock so that I can use it with other providers here in the US. I see all the answers say to call sprint to get the SPL code. Problem is that I don't have a sprint account. I called anyway and told them that I needed to get the SPL code but they wanted my Sprint info which I don't have because I am not a customer. Basically they said they didn't know what I was talking about. To get transferred to someone who may know about it I have to be a Sprint customer.

basically if I am not a sprint customer how do i get the SPL sim unlock code? The sprint guy suggested getting a boost mobile account and the sim should work in it. Right now i would just like to try the phone to see if I even want to use it. I've looked on ebay for anyone I could pay to unlock it and noone can unlock this model phone, most can only unlock Blackberry phones.

Any ideas????

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Intrepid