PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Intrepid
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2009, 05:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid
Carrier: Sprint

ChiefGeek is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Haus Intrepid Tips and Tricks

Ok, maybe not called Applications page, but whatever the main page where all the icons are at. You access it by hitting the Windows flag in the upper left corner of the screen.

Is there a way to rearrange the icons so most used are closer to the top?

Quote:
Originally Posted by haus View Post
What is the "applications" page?
Old 11-09-2009, 05:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G
Threadstarter

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

That's the new WM6.5 start menu. You can hold down on any icon and move it to the top, but you can't move things down or "rearrange" (lame!). Best thing is to use a file manager and move unused icons into a folder (this is inside \Windows\Start Menu\Programs) so they don't clutter the screen.

This is one place the 240px high screen really suffers, since you can only see 8 icons at a time.
Old 11-09-2009, 05:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Intrepid

jp0213x is becoming a great contributor

Can you add icons to the favorites panel currently where the add and remove and IE explorer icon is. This is under the default window view out of the box. When you go to the favorites panel, you can click on change then add from a default list.

Explore Windows mobile
Set up Pc sync
Windows live
Windows Mobile Extras
Windowsmedia.com

Also is there a way to access the windows folder through active sync manual explorer?

Last edited by jp0213x; 11-09-2009 at 06:40 PM.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:06 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

raiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp0213x View Post
Also is there a way to access the windows folder through active sync manual explorer?
i would also like to know this
Old 11-10-2009, 12:56 AM
Lurker

ChiefGeek is a n00b

Thanks Haus, that helped!

Quote:
That's the new WM6.5 start menu. You can hold down on any icon and move it to the top, but you can't move things down or "rearrange" (lame!). Best thing is to use a file manager and move unused icons into a folder (this is inside \Windows\Start Menu\Programs) so they don't clutter the screen.

This is one place the 240px high screen really suffers, since you can only see 8 icons at a time.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:57 AM
Lurker

ChiefGeek is a n00b

Ok, has this been addressed? Is there a way to change the Today screen? What's on each horizontal bar and the order?
Old 11-10-2009, 01:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Intrepid

jp0213x is becoming a great contributor
Re: One-Button Lock and Suspend

Quote:
One-Button Lock and Suspend

This isn't unique to the Intrepid but is kind of cool anyway. You can lock and suspend your device quickly without having to reach around for the power button (which I find hard to use one-handed for fear of dropping the smooth plastic phone).

1. Install Matt Armstrong's "device lock" application:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=261277

2. Go to start-settings-system-device lock and choose the "suspend" option. This means that when you run the "lnk" in the start menu called "device lock", your device will lock and immediately suspend, so that if it turns back on in your pocket, it will be locked.

[choose 3A or 3B]:

3A. Open your favorite registry editor and navigate to:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\CHome\CClock

- change SK2TEXT to "Lock"

- change SK2URL to "\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Device Lock.lnk" (quotes not necessary - in fact you can even use the forward slash on the Intrepid keypad and it also works)

OR...

3B: map one of the assignable button keys to the device lock application in settings. I prefer the softkey method because it's just right there where your thumb is.

4. Soft reset if you did 3A above to reload the new key in the home screen (not necessary if you did 3B).

Now at the home screen when your clock is displayed large format (by default, when you press end call button) the softkey immediately above your finger is a "Lock" key. Tap the key and your device instantly locks and goes to sleep.

On my phone I combine this with DHR LockDevice 1.6 (set to lock on screen off*). The two work in concert; if you lock with devicelock as above, LockDevice doesn't lock again. But if you forget to lock with the softkey and your device powers down on its own, it wakes up locked thanks to Lock Device. no pocket dialing, ever, and you have an even faster way of turning off the device than reaching around for that miniscule power button.

Note: sometimes I get a double-lock (unlock once and it asks you to swipe again). I had that before I set this up, so it doesn't relate to running both programs. I'm not sure what causes it, but it's intermittent.

------------------------------------------------------------------
* this is a change from my post at sprintusers.com, which cannot be edited. Setting lock device to lock on wake causes double locks when you lock with devicelock and I made a mistake writing up the original post. I still get double locks now and then, but much less frequently.
Can more buttons be used for reassigning or is only the four Hold Speak, hold symbol, hold menu and message? Huas what button did you use to assign to the device lock?

Last edited by jp0213x; 11-10-2009 at 01:31 AM.
Old 11-10-2009, 02:01 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: samsung intrepid
Carrier: sprint

earltryle is a n00b

i use my phone also the back button for online is located in the little circle icon hit it and then arrow hopes this work
Old 11-10-2009, 11:57 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

Quote:
Yes, when you use the activesync explorer you start in "my documents" in device memory. Go up to "my mobile device" or something like that and then navigate down to Windows.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Re: One-Button Lock and Suspend

Quote:
Can more buttons be used for reassigning or is only the four Hold Speak, hold symbol, hold menu and message? Huas what button did you use to assign to the device lock?
I think we solved this over in the sprintusers forum - you can only assign the 4 given buttons on the Intrepid with the stock setup (there are other button mapping programs out there like AEButton plus which I have not tried on the Intrepid). But my step 3A in my post above about one-button locking shows how to change one of the softkeys on one of the home screen panels.

Folks, don't be afraid to experiment a little...
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Intrepid