PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Samsung Galaxy Series (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=226)
-   -   Wifi Only Galaxy Tab (I know someone asked for this) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=133874)

gTen 09-17-2010 12:10 PM

Wifi Only Galaxy Tab (I know someone asked for this)

Here you go:

Wifi-only version of the Galaxy Tab coming | Android Central

austin420 09-17-2010 12:21 PM

Re: Wifi Only Galaxy Tab (I know someone asked for this)

i dont know if its been discussed, nut i read an article this morning that said the tab would be on all 4 major us carriers..
link...
Samsung Galaxy Tab: On Sale Soon. Everywhere!

muyoso 09-17-2010 12:34 PM

Well if the 3g models are retailing at over $1200 dollars in Europe, that means they would retail at probably around $1000 here in the US. So take out that 3g radio, which costs maybe $15 dollars to Samsung, and the Wifi Model will retail at?????? The Wifi model won't have subsidies, sooooooo . . . . . we looking at like $800??

atlomniaguy 09-21-2010 01:43 PM

surely they will make it slightly less than the ipad if they want to compete with the ipad. that only makes sense.

muyoso 09-21-2010 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atlomniaguy (Post 1950972)
surely they will make it slightly less than the ipad if they want to compete with the ipad. that only makes sense.

Slightly less than which model of ipad? iPad ranges from 500 to 830 dollars. Id consider one that cost like 400, maybe. If it was 800, no one is going to buy it.

p-slim 09-26-2010 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muyoso (Post 1951768)
Slightly less than which model of ipad? iPad ranges from 500 to 830 dollars. Id consider one that cost like 400, maybe. If it was 800, no one is going to buy it.

you're deceiving yourself, $800, and this thing will still sell, I'm pretty sure 800 is a safe bet.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

testacon 09-29-2010 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p-slim (Post 1956773)
you're deceiving yourself, $800, and this thing will still sell, I'm pretty sure 800 is a safe bet.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

I don't know...After all the crap that's wrong with the Epic and the other GS line devices, look how long Samsung has been dragging their feet to fix those problems. I can't see people giving Samsung any more money, and receiving underwhelming support for it. I don't know how many engineers they have working in the Galaxy division of the company but it doesn't seem like there's enough to handle with keeping up with timely bug fixes.

But hey at least they pushed out the Media Hub in the latest update, and there's nothing wrong with addon...>:/

gTen 09-30-2010 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by testacon (Post 1960142)
I don't know...After all the crap that's wrong with the Epic and the other GS line devices, look how long Samsung has been dragging their feet to fix those problems. I can't see people giving Samsung any more money, and receiving underwhelming support for it. I don't know how many engineers they have working in the Galaxy division of the company but it doesn't seem like there's enough to handle with keeping up with timely bug fixes.

But hey at least they pushed out the Media Hub in the latest update, and there's nothing wrong with addon...>:/

They just did a bug fix today >.>..

gTen 10-26-2010 05:27 AM

Best buy is gonna sell th wifi only version for 499$

Best Buy buyer’s guide reveals WiFi-only Galaxy Tab for $499 – Android and Me

demonlordoftheround 10-26-2010 05:48 AM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; MSM Build/MASTER) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I need to see one of these in person before spending that kind of cash.