PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2010, 01:30 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Super AMOLED Screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboyneko View Post
I love the apple retina screen, the look and feel of the physical iphone 4, and the battery life but thats about it. If I could buy an iPhone4 and wipe it and install android id be happy. I think soon android phones will catch up to Iphone 4 in screen technology and physical design. All the android phones have been really ugly. My favorite physical phone design was probably the palm pre.
There is nothing to catch up to in terms of screen...you have to realize the Retina is nothing that special..its not new tech...see the problem began with apple using a none standard resolution in their iphone lines...now to prevent applications from not working they doubled that none standard resolution...this doubled resolution just happens to have more pixels per inch..but in the end the screen is nothing that special...

I would rather have a standard resolution rather then more pixels per inch and none standard...for cellphones 800x480 is more then enough.and I don't see any reason to want more unless the screen-size goes up :/

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)

Last edited by gTen; 08-09-2010 at 01:38 PM.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

AcE XBOX is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Turn the brightness up on the amoled screen and the blue hue will go away. That's how I take care of it on my Samsung Moment.
Old 08-10-2010, 04:12 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

BBAHunter is a n00b

Not so sure about the iphone 4 fan bpy stuff, I did measure and it seems to me my old Diamond has 402-423 pixels/inch, although a smaller screen than iphone 4. Who cares about small text anyway, heck I have reading glasses just for using my phone now...I need a bigger screen.
Old 08-10-2010, 04:20 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

man gten loves this phone, he has like 20 threads on this phone.
Old 08-10-2010, 04:44 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Threadstarter

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
man gten loves this phone, he has like 20 threads on this phone.
There is a reason for those threads..but it has nothing to do with the topic of this thread...
Old 08-10-2010, 04:51 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
There is a reason for those threads..but it has nothing to do with the topic of this thread...
im saying you spent lots of time on posting info. on this phone. very well researched by you which is good. saw the epic in sprints system at my buddies store btw. looks like a nice phone though. i like it better than the evo.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:06 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
im saying you spent lots of time on posting info. on this phone. very well researched by you which is good. saw the epic in sprints system at my buddies store btw. looks like a nice phone though. i like it better than the evo.
Thanks, I wish I had even more time to put up the info...but darn work gets in the way lol...was there any information in the system for the phone, or nothing yet?

But yeah, it is a good phone..and luckly the community seemed to have picked it up as well with Cyanogen Mod coming and etc...

I'm hoping that samsung is smart this time and release it similar to the iphone once a year and keep them updated with Gingerbread and the like...
Old 08-11-2010, 12:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

derfnoslen is just getting started

Quote:
Thanks, I wish I had even more time to put up the info...but darn work gets in the way lol...was there any information in the system for the phone, or nothing yet?

But yeah, it is a good phone..and luckly the community seemed to have picked it up as well with Cyanogen Mod coming and etc...

I'm hoping that samsung is smart this time and release it similar to the iphone once a year and keep them updated with Gingerbread and the like...
I agree, he does love this phone. I try to thank you whenever you post something. They ar always helpful.. I went to the T-Mobile store yesterday to take a look at the Super AMOLED screen and it is soooooooo nice. Much better in person, they had a demo running of a video and avatar. it was really really good.
Old 08-24-2010, 06:58 PM
Wolf dog master, Chef
Pocket PC: Vogue,Diamond,TP2,Epic

Timberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:

Per you post in my TP2 thread I have ordered the Epic vs the EVO. So here's to many great things coming our way.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion
Old 08-24-2010, 07:04 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberwolf671 View Post
Per you post in my TP2 thread I have ordered the Epic vs the EVO. So here's to many great things coming our way.
..hope you like it...I just wish sprint didn't delay it on the 31st..the EXACT day I leave out of the country for a week ...maybe if I'm lucky I can swap one before the flight :/

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series