PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Samsung Galaxy Series (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=226)
-   -   Super AMOLED Screen (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=126819)

gTen 08-09-2010 01:30 PM

Re: Super AMOLED Screen

Quote:

Originally Posted by bboyneko (Post 1904716)
I love the apple retina screen, the look and feel of the physical iphone 4, and the battery life but thats about it. If I could buy an iPhone4 and wipe it and install android id be happy. I think soon android phones will catch up to Iphone 4 in screen technology and physical design. All the android phones have been really ugly. My favorite physical phone design was probably the palm pre.

There is nothing to catch up to in terms of screen...you have to realize the Retina is nothing that special..its not new tech...see the problem began with apple using a none standard resolution in their iphone lines...now to prevent applications from not working they doubled that none standard resolution...this doubled resolution just happens to have more pixels per inch..but in the end the screen is nothing that special...

I would rather have a standard resolution rather then more pixels per inch and none standard...for cellphones 800x480 is more then enough.and I don't see any reason to want more unless the screen-size goes up :/

AcE XBOX 08-09-2010 02:42 PM

Turn the brightness up on the amoled screen and the blue hue will go away. That's how I take care of it on my Samsung Moment.

BBAHunter 08-10-2010 04:12 PM

Not so sure about the iphone 4 fan bpy stuff, I did measure and it seems to me my old Diamond has 402-423 pixels/inch, although a smaller screen than iphone 4. Who cares about small text anyway, heck I have reading glasses just for using my phone now...I need a bigger screen.

darren.wlsn1 08-10-2010 04:20 PM

man gten loves this phone, he has like 20 threads on this phone.

gTen 08-10-2010 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 1906266)
man gten loves this phone, he has like 20 threads on this phone.

There is a reason for those threads..but it has nothing to do with the topic of this thread...

darren.wlsn1 08-10-2010 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gTen (Post 1906329)
There is a reason for those threads..but it has nothing to do with the topic of this thread...

im saying you spent lots of time on posting info. on this phone. very well researched by you which is good. saw the epic in sprints system at my buddies store btw. looks like a nice phone though. i like it better than the evo.

gTen 08-10-2010 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 1906347)
im saying you spent lots of time on posting info. on this phone. very well researched by you which is good. saw the epic in sprints system at my buddies store btw. looks like a nice phone though. i like it better than the evo.

Thanks, I wish I had even more time to put up the info...but darn work gets in the way lol...was there any information in the system for the phone, or nothing yet?

But yeah, it is a good phone..and luckly the community seemed to have picked it up as well with Cyanogen Mod coming and etc...

I'm hoping that samsung is smart this time and release it similar to the iphone once a year and keep them updated with Gingerbread and the like...

derfnoslen 08-11-2010 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gTen (Post 1906384)
Thanks, I wish I had even more time to put up the info...but darn work gets in the way lol...was there any information in the system for the phone, or nothing yet?

But yeah, it is a good phone..and luckly the community seemed to have picked it up as well with Cyanogen Mod coming and etc...

I'm hoping that samsung is smart this time and release it similar to the iphone once a year and keep them updated with Gingerbread and the like...

I agree, he does love this phone. I try to thank you whenever you post something. They ar always helpful.. I went to the T-Mobile store yesterday to take a look at the Super AMOLED screen and it is soooooooo nice. Much better in person, they had a demo running of a video and avatar. it was really really good.

Timberwolf671 08-24-2010 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gTen (Post 1906384)

Per you post in my TP2 thread I have ordered the Epic vs the EVO. So here's to many great things coming our way. :occasion5:

gTen 08-24-2010 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timberwolf671 (Post 1922592)
Per you post in my TP2 thread I have ordered the Epic vs the EVO. So here's to many great things coming our way. :occasion5:

:)..hope you like it...I just wish sprint didn't delay it on the 31st..the EXACT day I leave out of the country for a week :(...maybe if I'm lucky I can swap one before the flight :/