PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy S III

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2012, 02:09 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III
Carrier: Verizon

sargeslaughter is a n00b
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Poor call quality

The people I'm calling are complaining that the call quality is suffering as it is either distorted or a tin can / tunnel sound that they are hearing. They noticed it right away when I got the S3. I have a mutual friend that got the same phone and they said his sounds bad too. I disconnected Bluetooth from my car audio and they said the sound got a hair bit louder but still distorted.

Not sure if these settings in this other forum will fix this. Poor call quality

Does anyone else have these issues? This is the Verizon 32gb model.
Old 07-24-2012, 01:55 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl
Re: Poor call quality

no issue here have 2 one 16gb and one 32gb they actually sound great
you rooted?

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Old 07-24-2012, 01:28 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III
Threadstarter

sargeslaughter is a n00b

Karl, I'm not rooted. The phone is managed thru the company. You can't hear it, but others can at the receiving end. No one has complained to you that they hear it that way since you got your new phone? Ask just for the heck of it. Sometimes they won't tell you....
Old 07-24-2012, 06:01 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

nope no one has said anything to me im rooted day one so maybe it could be os related or you need to swap at your phone
Old 07-29-2012, 01:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I thought I had poor call quality on my S3. I blamed it on Sprint and their towers. I could barely talk to my wife, one room away.
Then I started exploring and I turned off Google Voice on both phones. That was it.
Remember, Google voice is basically call forwarding. It throws another wrench in the mix.
I am now back to standard Sprint voice mail, text, etc. I liked the features of Google Voice but the voice quality became unreliable.
Just saying
Old 07-30-2012, 02:05 AM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
No issues here. I'm on the blazer 1.6 rom lf8 radio.

Sent from my SPH-L710 on the PPCGeeks App

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 09-07-2012, 05:48 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: samsung galaxy S3

graveemma is a n00b

I didn't faced this kind of any problem. I think you should go to service center to fix it.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:40 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain

Wow, this is crazy. Last night my girl (who also has the gs3 on sprint) said the same thing about. She said "You sound like your talking through a Tin Can."

@sargeslaughter
I got mine from Sam's Club its the white 16gb one. What about you?
Old 09-26-2012, 01:39 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

i have excellent call quality on my gs3.

Old 10-02-2012, 01:17 PM
JP3
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3-Samsung Epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

JP3 is a n00b

likewise no sound quality problems here..
Semper Fi
JP

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy S III