PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2013, 09:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC 6700/T8585, Samsung i760, LG VS750
Carrier: T-Mobile, Reachout Wireless

n1nj4Lo is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to n1nj4Lo Send a message via MSN to n1nj4Lo Send a message via Yahoo to n1nj4Lo Send a message via Skype™ to n1nj4Lo
AT&T VS T-Mobile (Who Should I Go With Help Please?)

I found out I'm eligible at both for no deposit/down payment on a contract on both Note 2's?

Already with T-Mobile Prepaid and I really like AT&T's Note 2 cause it goes up to 2100 frequency and has the optional charging pins... Stuck at a dilemma, I love T-Mobile's coverage, but the fact that I don't think their Note 2 is LTE Capable(I may be wrong?) and it doesn't have the optional charging pins holds me back from it, but I also noticed that T-Mobile's Note 2 is roughly 8MPBS Faster, at least the connection is at their location verses AT&T's location and their Note 2. Plus T-Mobile has the no data caps plan... >_<

So topsy turvy!!! At a toss up here. Damn if I could afford to buy an out of contract AT&T Note 2 SIM Unlocked I would and stick with T-Mobile. LMAO! But that's doubling the price.

AT&T SpeedTest.net 21MPBS
T-Mobile SpeedTest.net 29MPBS

Trying to find a users opinion between both carriers. Pro's and Con's?

Last edited by n1nj4Lo; 02-25-2013 at 01:51 AM.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:27 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Re: AT&T VS T-Mobile (Who Should I Go With Help Please?)

depending on how long you want to wait... if plans dont get dropped, tmobile will be using att's 4g bands T-Mobile now offers 4G speeds for AT&T and unlocked phones in 23 metro areas | Android and Me

Samsung Galaxy Note II - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia shows tmobile's have the charging pins but they are disabled, not sure if you can enable them
Old 02-25-2013, 09:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Send a message via AIM to n1nj4Lo Send a message via MSN to n1nj4Lo Send a message via Yahoo to n1nj4Lo Send a message via Skype™ to n1nj4Lo

I wonder if since the AT&T Version goes up to the 2100 Frequency if I'd get even faster speeds?
Quote:
but T-Mobile’s existing 4G HSPA+ network operated on 1700/2100 MHz.
T-Mobile told me, LTE Will be available here in Atlanta by April...

Last edited by n1nj4Lo; 02-25-2013 at 11:09 PM.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO!

Fat Tony is keeping up the good workFat Tony is keeping up the good work

If you are going to Root & Rom your Note 2, it really doesn't matter who you go with. You can overclock, and free tether plus a bunch of other crap that I am sure you already know.

Tmob has unlimited data. I've been with them for a while and I tether everything to it and they never complained or said I was using too much data like Sprint did to me a few times.

AT&T? Extra charging pins. Yay.

The Note 2 if rooted and rom'd properly (not to mention kernels and whatnot) will last you all day. I abuse that phone and it lasts 12+ hours.

You can always buy the AT&T version and unlock it yourself to get it to work on Tmob. Not sure what's involved in that process, but I remember the Note1 being a nightmare.

What's more important to you? Unlimited data or extra charging pins? The speed thing is going to vary place to place. Sure you'll get 29 there but here and some other places you'll be lucky to hit 20. And when you really need it, it'll be at 9. When you don't it'll be at 73.
Isaiah 43:2 When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Yup I finally got lucky and won an auction for a mint condition AT&T Note 2 for $330.00 bucks got it so cheap cause there's a hairline crack on the bottom of the screen that's barely even noticeable...

I have unlocked myself and installed the hidden 3g/4g T-Mobile modem drivers just gotta pick out a custom rom now to use as my daily driver.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 on the PPCGeeks App
Old 04-18-2013, 02:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

kenton_supreme is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to kenton_supreme Send a message via Yahoo to kenton_supreme

Whichever one has the best coverage in your area.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Note 2