PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=447)
-   -   Am I the only one? I can't be.... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=151341)

tacotime 11-30-2012 01:23 AM

Am I the only one? I can't be....

I can't be the only peson in this forum who has a Sprint Galaxy Note II. I upgraded (from a Galaxy IIS to the Galaxy Note on November 1. After research and reading numerous, I have found this phone to be everything I hoped it would be!!! Is there anyone out there that can post their opinon good or bad about their Note II

NinjaMom 11-30-2012 07:24 AM

No. Your not the only one. This forum just got added for the phone.

I love my note 2. Best phone I've ever had. Only thing I don't care for is how the gallery works. It is slow and seems to randomly add folders.... but that is a lack of sense ui.... not the phone itself.

tecslave1 12-02-2012 11:13 PM

Re: Am I the only one? I can't be....

Just got my Note 2 last week. This is better than my Evo 3D and my 1st Evo . I am still learning about this powerful device. i can't get enough of it. Samsung note 2 is the 1 to beat.

ycats 12-03-2012 06:35 PM

Have had mine for 3 weeks, went from EVO4G to EVO3D, to GSIII and now the Note-2.

NinjaMom 12-03-2012 11:19 PM

Love this phone! Best yet.

mac901 12-03-2012 11:36 PM

had the gs2 to the note 2 bad ass phone. looking for a good case and whats a good way to protect the screen??

NinjaMom 12-04-2012 09:27 AM

Clairvue.com

Reasonable and you can barely tell they are there.

kermit22 12-04-2012 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac901 (Post 2189086)
had the gs2 to the note 2 bad ass phone. looking for a good case and whats a good way to protect the screen??

I'm going to get the full body Invisible Shield for my GN2. I know that some people think that they yellow over time (I haven't had that happen since I was rocking my Touch Diamond), but after the abuse that my OG EVO took from me I was shocked that the screen was still pristine when I removed the shield after 2 years and 6 months.

stellanwick 12-05-2012 04:22 AM

I updated an Evo 3D to the SIII, then exchanged it for the iPhone 5, only to go back to the SIII, and finally exchanging for the Note II. Best phone out there, hands down. I can't believe how feature-filled this device is compared to the iPhone 5. The commercials are right. The next big thing is already here. Now if I could only find a hip-holster for it...

fixxxer2012 12-05-2012 01:31 PM

i have a note 2 as well but all of the development is on xda.

CripledCyclone 12-05-2012 03:53 PM

Just went from a Evo3D to Note 2 myself, love this phone!

Rooting thread over at XDA for Note2 (sprint, other carries are links at the top)

mpoehling 12-05-2012 10:19 PM

Yes, I Love Mine. But I really need some advice..lol, but there is no one here!!!

NinjaMom 12-06-2012 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpoehling (Post 2189121)
Yes, I Love Mine. But I really need some advice..lol, but there is no one here!!!

What advice do you need?

OMJ 12-09-2012 06:55 PM

my wife is looking to upgrade, I was pushing her toward the GS3, she wanted the iphone 5, but when we to the store she really liked the note 2....that's one big ass phone, lol. I played with it, it's a bad ass phone, I could see myself ditching the ELTE for it. SO now she's trying to decide between the GN2 or iphone 5.

NinjaMom 12-09-2012 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OMJ (Post 2189191)
my wife is looking to upgrade, I was pushing her toward the GS3, she wanted the iphone 5, but when we to the store she really liked the note 2....that's one big ass phone, lol. I played with it, it's a bad ass phone, I could see myself ditching the ELTE for it. SO now she's trying to decide between the GN2 or iphone 5.

GN2 all day long. Love mine!

JWil0875 12-10-2012 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OMJ (Post 2189191)

How sweet would that be if you jumped on it. You did good work with the 3d. Yeah this phone is a beast. I got wifey a gs3, she loves it, the only thing that kept her from wanting the gn2 was the size.... I told her your loss lol

Sent from my SPH-L900 on the PPCGeeks App

OMJ 12-10-2012 01:10 PM

I'm really considering Samsung as my next phone, but I'm not eligible to upgrade until 1/1/14...I found a guy on Craigslist who is looking to trade his Note 2 for a EVO 4G LTE, but also wants $250 in cash....seems alittle steep...not sure I want it that bad, lol

anyone else think of a way to trade with little out of pocket?

WTT Sprint Galaxy Note 2 White

EyeB 12-10-2012 04:16 PM

You could always try to buy someone's upgrade. It's still $300 with an upgrade :S so you'll be out that much money at least. Then they'll want something else in return for letting them use the upgrade.

He probably upgraded to note 2 to sell it, the $250 is to recoup the subsidized phone cost and he gets a new phone out of it. Then he sells his current phone for extra cash.

I'd do this as well, upgrade every 2 years to a new phone then sell it and get a "free" phone (better than the real free phones sprint offers). I've just been lazy about upgrading, and happen to like my $30 sero lol.

wetbar 12-11-2012 01:56 PM

Hey you know how on all other driod devises you can send a call to voice mail with out the phone even ringing? How do you do that on the Note2?

Thanks

NinjaMom 12-11-2012 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wetbar (Post 2189254)
Hey you know how on all other driod devises you can send a call to voice mail with out the phone even ringing? How do you do that on the Note2?

Thanks

Like a certain caller?

austin420 12-13-2012 01:28 PM

i have this phone too. your not alone.

tgmuhammad 12-14-2012 08:19 PM

I actually have a Verizon Galaxy Note II. I LOVE my device. I'm still learning about all of its' features... By chance, would you know what resolution contact photos need to be, so that they won't look pixelated on the large screen???

NinjaMom 12-15-2012 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tgmuhammad (Post 2189338)
I actually have a Verizon Galaxy Note II. I LOVE my device. I'm still learning about all of its' features... By chance, would you know what resolution contact photos need to be, so that they won't look pixelated on the large screen???

All my pictures are fine unless they are from Facebook syncing. Facebook destroys pictures that way.

fixxxer2012 12-15-2012 08:15 PM

I like the tmobile note 2 but development is pretty lackluster atm. Im waiting on aosp/aokp.

OMJ 12-16-2012 05:31 PM

well my wife got her note 2 yesterday, gotta say, I'm quite envious!

Her only complaint is the camera picture quality...I have to agree, I took some pix & I was not impressed at all. My ELTE takes much better pix....unless her camera is defective.

NinjaMom 12-16-2012 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OMJ (Post 2189394)
well my wife got her note 2 yesterday, gotta say, I'm quite envious!

Her only complaint is the camera picture quality...I have to agree, I took some pix & I was not impressed at all. My ELTE takes much better pix....unless her camera is defective.

Her camera must be defective. My pics are better than my Evolte

OMJ 12-17-2012 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinjaMom (Post 2189397)
Her camera must be defective. My pics are better than my Evolte

I figured so, I thought the galaxy line had a good cam....it appears it's not focusing properly, with the camera open, it's blurry & hazy....gonna swap it out

mulhiny 12-22-2012 09:21 AM

Traded my GS3 plus $80 for my Note 2 and couldn't be happier. Yes, it's big, but who actually talks on their phones anymore? lol

NinjaMom 12-23-2012 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mulhiny (Post 2189533)
Traded my GS3 plus $80 for my Note 2 and couldn't be happier. Yes, it's big, but who actually talks on their phones anymore? lol

I talk on my Note 2. It doesn't bother me.

leedawg 12-24-2012 09:51 PM

I had one but returned it thought it was too big and was really missin my OMJ rom. However if OMJ is planning on Jumping ship to the NOTE II I might purchase another one.. :) Was holding out for the next HTC phone but ive got to say the NOTE II has a beast of a battery goes for days... Its freaking amazing. I did not like touchwiz at all though. And the memory mappings were kinda weird too should be able to have the SD card as SD card I had to use directory bind to fix that problem.

SO I went back to my 3D but perhaps ill have to pick up another one let me know what your phone plans are OMJ :)

Merry Christmas.

OMJ 12-26-2012 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leedawg (Post 2189598)
I had one but returned it thought it was too big and was really missin my OMJ rom. However if OMJ is planning on Jumping ship to the NOTE II I might purchase another one.. :) Was holding out for the next HTC phone but ive got to say the NOTE II has a beast of a battery goes for days... Its freaking amazing. I did not like touchwiz at all though. And the memory mappings were kinda weird too should be able to have the SD card as SD card I had to use directory bind to fix that problem.

SO I went back to my 3D but perhaps ill have to pick up another one let me know what your phone plans are OMJ :)

Merry Christmas.

I was really considering jumping to the Note 2 but JB came just in time on the ELTE, so I'm gonna stick w/ it for now....I am considering switching to Samsung for my next phone though...

mlin 12-31-2012 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OMJ (Post 2189630)
I was really considering jumping to the Note 2 but JB came just in time on the ELTE, so I'm gonna stick w/ it for now....I am considering switching to Samsung for my next phone though...

I made the switch to samsing in June. Had the EVO 4G, EVO 3D, NS4G, iP4s, EVOLTE and now I'm on the SGS3. Honestly the EVOLTE was a fantastic phone but the SGS3 is in a league of its own. Overall it offers a better user experience IMO. This is the first time since the windows 6.x days that I have not cared about the phones coming down the pipeline. I'll be quire happy with this for a little while.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

teddymen 01-01-2013 10:42 AM

EVO to SII to SIII to SN2 and loving it. I looked on PPC when I first got it but didn't see a forum for it so I went to the XDA site for customization's. Found a really great ROM but really only for a couple of additional features and tools. Stock is fine for the novice user or almost anyone. Looking forward to seeing some good stuff out here too. The number one best thing about the phone is I can use it all day without having to recharge the battery, priceless - unfortunately.

rootlinux 01-02-2013 01:38 AM

I too am looking at maybe going away from HTC for my next device.
Happy with the LTE for now.
The only reason I am thinking of switching is because of how hostile HTC is being to devs with the updates.
I started my HTC run with the Diamond then Touch Pro, Evo 4G, Evo 3D then LTE.
Also had a Mogul in there too.
Been a good run and my LTE has been S off from day one.
The last updates have been hard on s on users.
Unless HTC starts getting more friendly I will break my HTC run.
Not a fan of Sammy but I do have a Galaxy II in the house and it works well.
The Note series looks great.

CripledCyclone 01-02-2013 01:03 PM

Anyone figure out how to swap between qwerty and writing pad text inputs?

edit: seems only certain input fields will let you swap with the option cog.

fixxxer2012 01-05-2013 05:13 PM

My note2 is tiny compared to my new nexus 7. Now that i have cm10 im happy.

imneveral0ne 01-15-2013 09:18 AM

I have the phone...

Exil3d 01-21-2013 12:54 PM

I have this god of a phone. The power is not from this planet. The battery is not from this universe! The screen is not from this dimension! This is finally a dream device. Anyone who disagrees just can't save enough welfare to buy it. period.

Exil3d 01-21-2013 12:56 PM

careful over at xda on this device section. angry trolls everywhere! Don't know why but they get easily offended at posts.

fingg 03-22-2013 05:37 AM

I like my Note2, for it's really great smart phone and the survivor case protects it perfect, I don't think the note can do something bad...