PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Samsung Galaxy Nexus (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=403)
-   -   comments about the sprint galaxy nexus (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=149956)

mrmet044 05-05-2012 03:48 PM

comments about the sprint galaxy nexus

for the people that have purchased this phone, any thoughts/opinions about it. was it worth it or would the new htc phone coming about would have been a better choice. i read a lot of pros and cons reviews from companies but nothing from actual REAL people that own them yet

Edwood 05-09-2012 04:20 PM

Re: comments about the sprint galaxy nexus

I'm about to order a Sprint Galaxy Nexus. Just migrated my old legacy SERO account to SERO Premium.

I've played around with my friend's Verizon Galaxy Nexus. It's a sweet phone. The #1 reason to get a Nexus over the HTC EVO 4G LTE is the unlocked aspect of the Nexus. No excess bloatware, much easier to load custom ROM's onto it, plus the Galaxy Nexus as had a longer time out, and more mature 3rd party ROM's now.

While I really like the industrial design of the HTC 4G LTE, the fixed, non-removable battery is a deal breaker for me. Especially since the Galaxy Nexus has an extended battery that barely takes up more room or weight, and the extended battery door looks more natural than the stock one.

Although, the downside, is that the Verizon Galaxy Nexus extended battery set is the only one available now, and the while the battery fits and works, the extended battery door does not without modifications, and even then, it's not a perfect fit.

Hopefully Sprint will offer their extended battery kits soon.

fixxxer2012 05-09-2012 06:07 PM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.4; en-us; Galaxy Nexus Build/ICL53F) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

I just got a verizon galaxy nexus and i love it. Best phone ive owned in awhile.

fixxxer2012 05-10-2012 08:16 PM

i will say the radios are a bit weaker than htc but ive never lost any calls.

flyingtiger9046 06-04-2012 10:33 AM

I received mine last month, my fiance has an iphone 4 (not 4s). I've already loaded an AOKP ROM on it and have yet to have any issues. battery lasts a full day with the help of juice defender. Anyway, the girlfriend chooses to use my phone for playing around more than her phone lately. She's slowly trying to steal it ;) Great phone, alot of fun, and guarantees a good time. As far as getting the new HTC's, they may run faster and yada yada yada, but the GN still has my heart ^.^

PS: I'm on Sprint

mardukeme 06-15-2012 11:25 PM

I have the Sprint Galaxy Nexus and I am using the Verizon extended battery. Which allows me to use the phone all day. Had to modify the back cover so it could fit.

I just ordered the Verizon kickstand case to use that with the extended battery.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2