PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy S II Series > Samsung Epic Touch

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2012, 07:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

Neoatheist is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Phone Audio Issue

Alright, so I have had this phone for less than a week and today, out of the blue, the in call audio seems to have gone out. It doesn't matter if I am listening over bluetooth or through the phone's earpiece; neither works. Literally every other function this phone has wprks normally except this. I have tried updating the prl and the phone's profile already. Also, I am rooted. Any thoughts?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-18-2012, 12:46 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: Phone Audio Issue

Had you recently been using a headphone? Try pluging and unpluging one a few times.
Old 02-18-2012, 02:00 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Neoatheist is a n00b

No, I had been using a bluetooth headset at the time. I turned off the bluetooth, toggled it off on my phone, unpaired and repaired, etc, etc.

I finally got it working again. After turning the phone off, I decided to pull the battery and the SD card and put the battery back in. When I turned the phone back on, I tried the phone again and it finally worked. I don't know if the SD card was the culprit, but I suspect that it might have been some of the old files from my EVO interfering with the new system. I am going to wipe the card before putting it back in my phone.

On another note, does anyone have a link to that hack that enables tethering for this phone? I still can't get that working and have been looking for a tether app for the last few days with no luck.
Old 02-18-2012, 10:04 AM
Almost a VIP

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neoatheist View Post
No, I had been using a bluetooth headset at the time. I turned off the bluetooth, toggled it off on my phone, unpaired and repaired, etc, etc.

I finally got it working again. After turning the phone off, I decided to pull the battery and the SD card and put the battery back in. When I turned the phone back on, I tried the phone again and it finally worked. I don't know if the SD card was the culprit, but I suspect that it might have been some of the old files from my EVO interfering with the new system. I am going to wipe the card before putting it back in my phone.

On another note, does anyone have a link to that hack that enables tethering for this phone? I still can't get that working and have been looking for a tether app for the last few days with no luck.
Go HERE for the Hotspot app. Be sure to get the correct version for your ROM and you probably will need cloclwork mod to install.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:22 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Neoatheist is a n00b

Sweet, man. Thanks for posting that link. I just have one more question. How do I know if I am odexed or deodexed? I honestly have no idea what that means. Thank you for your patience with me. I am still learning all of this stuff.
Old 02-19-2012, 03:21 PM
Almost a VIP

If you have the stock ROM, you are odexed. Go to Settings, About Phone and scroll down to see what the Build Number is (EK02 or EL29). Most of the custom ROMs are deodex.

Just keep reading and getting familiar with the phone before you jump in. qbking77 has a YouTube channel for the Epic Touch 4G that has all the how to on video. I'm sure there is a video showing how to install the Hotspot hack and clockwork mod in there somewhere. Like I said, get familiar with the phone before you start messing with it. Have fun!
Old 02-19-2012, 05:04 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Neoatheist is a n00b

Thanks for the info, man. That's kind of what I was thinking. My phone is rooted and I just installed Clockwork mod recovery. Having read a little about the definition of odex vs deodex, I had assumed that having not gone with any custom rom as of yet, I must be odexed. I really appreciate the help and the info about qbking77's youtube channel. I will definitely be looking into that.
Old 02-19-2012, 06:56 PM
Almost a VIP

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.6; en-us; SPH-D710 Build/GINGERBREAD) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Cool! This is a great phone. You will have fun with it.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:29 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Neoatheist is a n00b

Alright, so it happened again yesterday. My in call audio just stopped working. As stated in the OP, it didn't work through the phone or my bluetooth. When it is doing it, it will not let you select the speaker or the bluetooth option from the in call screen. They're just grayed out. I tried powering off and restarting it, pulled the battery, and the sd card, but none of that worked. Only after a couple of hours and after having turned the phone off and back on several times did it finally start working again. Am I really the only person that is having this problem? Does anyone have an idea as to how I may fix this for good? I use my phone for work and can't be having it just randomly refusing to work for me.
Old 04-04-2012, 03:39 AM
Almost a VIP

That doesn't sound right at all. I also use my phone for work, and never had anything like this happen.

You install an app recently? Although I don't know why an app would mess up the dialer. You might try backing up everything and hard reset back to factory stock and see if that fixes the issue. Or next time this happens, take your phone to the nearest Sprint store for a techincian to look at.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy S II Series > Samsung Epic Touch