PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy S II Series > Samsung Epic Touch
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2012, 05:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

BillJr106 is keeping up the good workBillJr106 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Is it safe to constantly swap batteries?

I imagine this would throw off the calibration and eventually mess up the phones idea of a fully charged battery. I was about to buy a second battery with charger but decided to hold off for now.
Old 02-23-2012, 06:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Re: Is it safe to constantly swap batteries?

I haven't noticed... and it shouldn't matter since the phone will get new battery info when it reboots? Maybe? lol
Old 02-24-2012, 12:09 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

I have been swapping batteries on phones for ages and no issues. The thing that can get messed up is calibration but calibration tends to optimize the battery for optimum performance. When your carrying around multiple batteries its not too much of a deal. There is no permanent damage though because you can always re-calibrate any time.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 03-07-2012, 08:03 PM
VIP MVP
Pocket PC: TP Dos/OG Epic/Touch

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

it wont cause any issues like gten said i do it and havent had any issues after.

Old 03-23-2012, 11:52 AM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Itss not an issue. If your rooted just make sure every few weeks you reset you battery stats.

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy S II Series > Samsung Epic Touch