PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Samsung Epic Touch (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=395)
-   -   Advice (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=147279)

CareTake12 09-30-2011 06:41 PM

Advice

Hi,

I bought a sprint epic touch couple of days ago and haven't activated my because to activate my phone i have to upgrade my plan to premium sero and +10 to internet charges which makes it 50 dollars a month. Currently i have a 30 dollar sero. My question is... Is this phone worth the 2 year contract upgrade and +20$ every month? Is there any other phone coming out within this month that is better? Thanks in advance.

wirelesstoyz199 09-30-2011 08:02 PM

Re: Advice

save your money ... 2 years X 20 a month $480
no thanks

Riley 09-30-2011 10:54 PM

I think the Epic Touch 4g is your best bet, especially given the one month timeline. good luck.

darren.wlsn1 09-30-2011 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riley (Post 2148081)
I think the Epic Touch 4g is your best bet, especially given the one month timeline. good luck.

ditto....

masetas 10-01-2011 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wirelesstoyz199 (Post 2148056)
save your money ... 2 years X 20 a month $480
no thanks

It is more money but this phone is worth it besides sooner or later he's gonna have to upgrade or never have a new phone so might as well start with this one and if he gets into the mentality of waiting to see what is going to come out next then hes gonna stay like that and never upgrade to a newer phone ..... Just my two cents...lol

darren.wlsn1 10-01-2011 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by masetas (Post 2148100)
It is more money but this phone is worth it besides sooner or later he's gonna have to upgrade or never have a new phone so might as well start with this one and if he gets into the mentality of waiting to see what is going to come out next then hes gonna stay like that and never upgrade to a newer phone ..... Just my two cents...lol

double ditto plus the phones a beast and now more themes/roms are out.

masetas 10-01-2011 12:02 PM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-us; SPH-D710 Build/GINGERBREAD) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

@darren is rooting stable yet? Read many were having issues after rooting also is there a custom kernel that is stable to be able to maintain cwm?

...... Really liking this tablet oh wait y mean phone......lol

darren.wlsn1 10-01-2011 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by masetas (Post 2148145)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-us; SPH-D710 Build/GINGERBREAD) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

@darren is rooting stable yet? Read many were having issues after rooting also is there a custom kernel that is stable to be able to maintain cwm?

...... Really liking this tablet oh wait y mean phone......lol

ya were all good now but cwm needs a little work. sammy/sprint admitted it was there issue why we had LoS issues not the kernels.

gullzway 10-01-2011 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CareTake12 (Post 2148036)
Hi,

I bought a sprint epic touch couple of days ago and haven't activated my because to activate my phone i have to upgrade my plan to premium sero and +10 to internet charges which makes it 50 dollars a month. Currently i have a 30 dollar sero. My question is... Is this phone worth the 2 year contract upgrade and +20$ every month? Is there any other phone coming out within this month that is better? Thanks in advance.

Not worth it, sell it to me for$ 200.

Sent from an Epic 3G using ppcgeeks.

masetas 10-01-2011 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gullzway (Post 2148184)
Not worth it, sell it to me for$ 200.

NO sell it to me ill give you $201..LOL

demonlordoftheround 10-01-2011 08:44 PM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.2; en-us; MSM Build/FRX07) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Ahem, $202.

gullzway 10-02-2011 12:13 AM

$ 203 final offer!

CareTake12 10-02-2011 06:47 PM

Thanks for all your advice... Isn't a phone called the prime coming out this month for sprint and iphone 5. I haven't upgraded for about 4 years and im out of the loop and don't know to much about which phone is the best. I don't want to use my upgrade and lose my plan if there going to be a better phone coming out in couple of weeks.

Riley 10-02-2011 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CareTake12 (Post 2148289)
Thanks for all your advice... Isn't a phone called the prime coming out this month for sprint and iphone 5. I haven't upgraded for about 4 years and im out of the loop and don't know to much about which phone is the best. I don't want to use my upgrade and lose my plan if there going to be a better phone coming out in couple of weeks.

iphone5 or iphone4 is coming out on sprint this month. all will be announced in the next day or so. The prime will most likely be coming to Verizon in Late October/Nov time period. I doubt Sprint will get it for a few months. Hopefully they get it soon though.

masetas 10-02-2011 09:02 PM

if you wait to upgrade your phone cause another is about to be released then your going to end being with the phone you have now cause after iphone is released then maybe prine will get released then another phone will be scheduled to be released then next year comes around and then you will have more htc phones also then you will have the sgs3 etc etc...

darren.wlsn1 10-02-2011 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riley (Post 2148294)
iphone5 or iphone4 is coming out on sprint this month. all will be announced in the next day or so. The prime will most likely be coming to Verizon in Late October/Nov time period. I doubt Sprint will get it for a few months. Hopefully they get it soon though.

ya iphony 4 is first and prime if it comes is after that if it does, saw lots of twitter chatter vzw is only one getting it.

japper88 10-06-2011 06:58 PM

I think the OP is stuck, because of sprint's new 14 day return policy. I don't think the iphone or the prime will come out before then. After living through WM on the TP2 for 2 years on the $30 SERO, I was all too happy to pay the extra $20/mo to get a real smart phone. The issue isn't just whether an extra $20/mo is worth it, but also what other options you have on the $30 sero? The Epic 4G Touch is awesome, it blows away my old TP2. I don't even know if there are any decent new phones that are coming out that Sprint will let you use on the $30 sero. An alternative would be to get the LG Marquee, and pay only $40/mo ($10 more), which is still a step up from whatever crap is compatible with the $30 sero.

Wideawake 10-08-2011 01:18 PM

Premium SERO is worth it IMHO. Hell Courtney works for Sprint and my bill is around the same as hers with my SERO each month. :D Just my thoughts...
~Mike

bobturismo 10-12-2011 03:34 PM

God dammit, I just typed out a whole thing and IE delted it, damn work puters.

I think it's worth it coming from a flashed + OC'd TP2.

1. badass weather animated background.

2. Stupid fast, no more proccessor bottle necking for me. You can basically do whatever you want.

3. streaming netflix and online video

4. A good camera

5. Major support for android apps and programs.

6. Google Nav and maps is so much better, better than the fullsize website version

7. can carry my laptop a lot less now.

I was paying overcharges on pic messages that people were sending me that I couldnt even see, plus I was going over my 500 texts a month, even work requires more texting now.

Wasn't impressed with the EVO, but glad that I got this phone. I was gonna return this and get the prime, but I don't think I am and here's why.

1. the prime will probably be faster, but I doubt I need the extra speed over this one, the only reason I could see if I found some game that I really wanted to play, but I play my games on the 360 and BF3 is aroudn the corner.

2. Not interested in having a curved phone and screen

3. They delayed it, who knows what the real reason is, ICS may still have bugs, this phone works great. I think you might be able to flash ICS later anyhoo, either way not a big deal.

4. Who knows when it's coming out? IF I "really" wanted it, I could always sell the ET and pay the difference or find someone on craigslist that wants to trade phone for phone. But I'll doubt I'll want the prime that bad.

sincere_207 10-14-2011 09:13 AM

I was on the Tp2 and I still had 1 1/2 years till my contract expired. I bought the og Epic full cash and had it swapped for the Tp2 without the upgrade and paid $10 extra. I'm now eligible for an upgrade but I bought the Epic 4 touch full price and had it swapped still keeping my upgrade for a later phone. Now I'm under no contracts, enjoying the latest.