PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   ROM/Kitchen Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Leo apps on CDMA Diamond/TP (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=92461)

gadgetfreak 10-25-2009 03:37 AM

Leo apps on CDMA Diamond/TP

Has anyone been able to get certain Leo apps working in your builds? I've tried HTC Birthday, the Appointment Editor, Device Info (Only the software and hardware options work) and the LockscreenApp. Except for the partially working Device Info screen, I haven't been able to get any of these working. Are they totally dependent on Manila 2.5 or is there something else I'm missing?

Thanks!

bikeandestroyx 10-25-2009 03:51 PM

Re: Leo apps on CDMA Diamond/TP

Quote:

Originally Posted by gadgetfreak (Post 1262674)
Has anyone been able to get certain Leo apps working in your builds? I've tried HTC Birthday, the Appointment Editor, Device Info (Only the software and hardware options work) and the LockscreenApp. Except for the partially working Device Info screen, I haven't been able to get any of these working. Are they totally dependent on Manila 2.5 or is there something else I'm missing?

Thanks!

Do you have the app.dat made for those, im not sure about HTC Birthday or appointment, but Device Info works for me fine, and lockscreen needs an app.dat. Look in the initiflashfiles.dat and just copy the lines for lockscreen to a new app.dat in the lockscreen EXT.

Edit: I would use the tachi lockscreen app since the leo version is meant for wvga, that is one of the apps that most likely requires wvga resolution, unless you want to change the .cpr files to vga and rename them.

gadgetfreak 10-25-2009 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bikeandestroyx (Post 1263652)
Do you have the app.dat made for those, im not sure about HTC Birthday or appointment, but Device Info works for me fine, and lockscreen needs an app.dat. Look in the initiflashfiles.dat and just copy the lines for lockscreen to a new app.dat in the lockscreen EXT.

Edit: I would use the tachi lockscreen app since the leo version is meant for wvga, that is one of the apps that most likely requires wvga resolution, unless you want to change the .cpr files to vga and rename them.

I'm not seeing an app.dat for any of these. Do you mind sharing what you have for the Device Info ext so I can figure out how to get this going?

bikeandestroyx 10-25-2009 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gadgetfreak (Post 1264628)
I'm not seeing an app.dat for any of these. Do you mind sharing what you have for the Device Info ext so I can figure out how to get this going?

There isnt an app.dat, htc now includes all this in the initiflashfiles.dat in oem_lang_0409. Device info doesnt have an app.dat though, the app.reg places the icon and has it take over the normal wm device info.

gadgetfreak 10-25-2009 11:49 PM

So adding it to the initflashfiles.dat will get the entire thing to work? Sorry about the noobish questions. This is my first attempt at porting... ;-)

bikeandestroyx 10-25-2009 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gadgetfreak (Post 1264920)
So adding it to the initflashfiles.dat will get the entire thing to work? Sorry about the noobish questions. This is my first attempt at porting... ;-)

Well no, you can just take the lines of text for an app from the initiflashfiles.dat, and add them to an app.dat, but with device info, there is no entry associated with this app. Not all things require it, only apps that need files moved. Since this app only places something in System settings, it just needs an app.reg.

gadgetfreak 10-26-2009 12:18 AM

That I've got. Just not sure why two of the entries aren't working (Device about & Device ID), and I am getting it on my control panel twice. I know that's not right...

indagroove 10-26-2009 12:35 AM

Prolly not working because you are missing some dependant package(s), and two start menu entried due to duplicate HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ControlPanel\MyCpl entries. If I remember correctly the HTC Device Info is CPL 3, while stock is CPL 5. Try changing the reg of the HTC package to CPL 5.

gadgetfreak 10-26-2009 12:44 AM

Ever heard of HTCafe.dll?

bikeandestroyx 10-26-2009 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gadgetfreak (Post 1265019)
Ever heard of HTCafe.dll?

It is part of HTCFramework.