PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Pocket PC Themes (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   HOW TO: Customize TouchFLO3D / Manila Themes (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44689)

eenieMINI 06-20-2009 06:52 PM

Re: HOW TO: Customize TouchFLO3D / Manila Themes

Excellent! Often the stock sprint manila runs just a little differently than the majority of the other manilas, this is one of those times.. the alert bubble requires two files to be changed instead of just one.

Mr_Shields 07-04-2009 06:02 PM

Hello All, this is my first post on this site under this log in name so bare with me.

While I am admittedly a novice when it comes to modding and working with WinMo, I have been successful in the majority of my ventures so far.

However, I have found quite a few files and roms or themes that I want to install yet, I want to do this from my TP. Is there anyway to run these or open them to get to the goodies inside them on my TP or do I have to do it from a pc and then sync?

Any helpful response would be appreciated!

kushtion 07-09-2009 12:53 PM

GoodThings2Life: Thank you for the tutorial... i was able to remove and edit tabs with ease.

i did a search on ppc and xda but was not able to find a thread to answer my question. i am looking for a way to add/remove the 'call history and calendar' fields that are underneath my flipclock on my TF3D home page.

My current tweaks are (b/c sometimes conflicting tweaks = bad stuff):
BackGround4AllTabs V3.cab
Darkness231 Stops SMS Sent.cab
eLiAs_ASyncKiller.cab
Personalizer_2.0.cab
Backgrounds+FlipClock (Glass).zip
NoCurtains[1].cab

GoodThings2Life: Do you know if i will run into any problems using your sprint_manila_blue.cab with my current setup? thanks!

seco10 07-14-2009 03:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I like to vary the appearance of my mobile and so I changed nearly all of the icons, some text and so on - using many good ppcgeeks-tips.
Now I'm wondering if anybody knows what icon-files the developers used on the screen "call history". I talk about the red-marked signs in the attached picture. This is the call-history that appears by pressing the homescreen, not the extra call-history-tab. Got anyone an idea??

eenieMINI 07-15-2009 12:05 AM

If I'm not mistaking you'll find those as pngs in your windows file.

seco10 07-15-2009 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eenieMINI (Post 1036227)
If I'm not mistaking you'll find those as pngs in your windows file.

Unfortunatly not. I searched all pngs, the only I found were those with the yellow, red and blue (changed by me) arrows on the above attached picture. I searched in all graphic manilas in different ROMs, looked for all pngs I could found - but the redmarked ones are nowhere. Is it able they are hidden in a .dll (shellres.dll or one other)? In the whole manila-concept are many mysterious things...
Looking still for more tipps
SeCo

PS: Eenie, I'm sure you know it, who else?

S2W 07-15-2009 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seco10 (Post 1034315)
I like to vary the appearance of my mobile and so I changed nearly all of the icons, some text and so on - using many good ppcgeeks-tips.
Now I'm wondering if anybody knows what icon-files the developers used on the screen "call history". I talk about the red-marked signs in the attached picture. This is the call-history that appears by pressing the homescreen, not the extra call-history-tab. Got anyone an idea??

Eenie is right, they are pngs and located within the windows folder.

Here is what you should look for in the windows folder:

Incoming calls:
CallLogInBtnUp_Port.png
CallLogInBtnDn_Port.png

Outgoing:
CallLogOutBtnUp_Port.png
CallLogOutBtnDn_Port.png

Missed calls:
CallLogMsBtnUp_Port.png
CallLogMsBtnDn_Port.png

Hope that helps!

seco10 07-15-2009 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S2W (Post 1036721)
Eenie is right, they are pngs and located within the windows folder.Here is what you should look for in the windows folder:
Incoming calls:
CallLogInBtnUp_Port.png
CallLogInBtnDn_Port.png...

Hi, S2W, thanks for your fast answer. But -sorry- these are the pngs I found and changed earlier. They are shown on my above attached picture as the ones with the colored arrows...
Meanwhile I looked through some xml- and mode9-files, but no result ](*,)
This is manila - every time good for a new mysterium - nevertheless I keep on searching...
Thanks again
SeCo

suzannaski 07-15-2009 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoodThings2Life (Post 527785)
Diamond TouchFLO3D Config, Diamond Tweak, Advanced Configuration, Advanced Config, and Manila Customizer are all different tools provided by different people that allow you to make specific customizations and registry tweaks that control a number of devices. These are the programs to be cautious of, because they're designed for certain types of devices, but SOME of the tweaks just happen to work for others, so people assume everything works. So far, the only ones that I would consider absolutely safe for the Touch Pro is Diamond TouchFLO3D Config and Manila Customizer.

Does anyone have the time to make a list of which customizers are safe(r) for which devices?
Diamond TouchFLO3D -> Touch Pro
Manila Customizer -> Touch Pro
Advanced Config -> ?
? -> Touch Vogue (should be Manila2d, I'm pretty sure, but the TF3D editor seems to be working on the files. But then, I'm just dabbling with the graphics.)
etc....
Thanks

ps- BGT2L, you ARE the man!!! I love this thread!
pps- I haven't finished reading through the thread, so if someone already asked this question, I'm sorry for the rerun. But it is summer, after all, and 'tis the season for reruns.

JZ SmartMort 07-21-2009 06:16 PM

Manila 2.0 Internet Tab

Does anybody have Manila 2.0 Internet Tab --- SEARCH box on top working properly?

How can I change which search engine it uses? At this point searching does not work at all when I enter my query and hit the icon on the right.

Thanks!
JZ