PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Pocket PC Games (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   NFS (Need For Speed) Undercover G-Sensor Insufficient Memory Fix (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74193)

mindfrost82 07-09-2009 10:02 AM

NFS (Need For Speed) Undercover G-Sensor Insufficient Memory Fix

1 Attachment(s)
Alright, here's my attempt at making this work. Many people have had issues with NFS (the g-sensor version) using the Diamond and even the TP.

This is only for WM6.5!

WARNING: Atleast in MysteryROM, the Start Menu gets screwed up after running the MortScript the 2nd time until you soft reset. This is related to switching to landscape and back to portrait. Maybe someone else can confirm in other ROMs.

Confirmed Working ROMs (please report your results):
-MysteryROM

1) You need a ROM with TF3D
2) You need to edit HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Today\ and change "Windows Default" to Windows Default (remove the quotes)
3) You need to install GAPI from here.
4) I'm using the attached Mortscript which:
-Rotates the screen to landscape
-Closes Titanium
-Starts TF3D
-Starts NFS Underground
5) When you're done with the game, run the script again to rotate it back to portrait, close TF3D, and open Titanium. Or you can edit one of the TF3D softkeys to run the mortscript again (HKLM/Software/HTC/Manila).

NOTES:
-If your NFS Underground is installed somewhere besides \Internal Storage\Program Files\NFS_Underground\ then you need to edit the Mortscript.
-It seems that you need the GAPI file installed, TF3D running, and use it in landscape mode.

I have no idea why this works, but if you're getting the insuffient memory error or a blank screen after selecting your sound settings, try this.

strra 07-09-2009 11:49 AM

Re: NFS (Need For Speed) Undercover Insufficient Memory Fix

thanks! i have the EA games working at the moment on my current rom, but i'm considering trying out mighty6, so i'll try this if i do... wonder if this workaround can be used for boom blox and monopoly?

mindfrost82 07-09-2009 01:03 PM

You can try editing the mortscript file and see. You should just have to change the path to the exe in the Run() command.

I'm not sure why NFS Undercover requires TF3D to run, but it has the same behavior on my Fuze. If I don't have that running then I'll get a blank screen after the sound selection.

x10guy 07-09-2009 01:17 PM

Wow, that seems like alot of work to get one game working.

Just a FYI I'm running 6.5 Rstoyguy's Fuzeberry ROM and NFS works fine in both portrait and landscape mode. Just out of curiosity I turned of TF3D and selected Windows Default... and it worked fine also.

mindfrost82 07-09-2009 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by x10guy (Post 1024794)
Wow, that seems like alot of work to get one game working.

Just a FYI I'm running 6.5 Rstoyguy's Fuzeberry ROM and NFS works fine in both portrait and landscape mode. Just out of curiosity I turned of TF3D and selected Windows Default... and it worked fine also.

Are you using TF3D or Titanium? If you're using TF3D, try running the game without it.

Also, this is for the g-sensor version of the game. The other versions seem to work fine.

x10guy 07-09-2009 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mindfrost82 (Post 1024817)
Are you using TF3D or Titanium? If you're using TF3D, try running the game without it.

Also, this is for the g-sensor version of the game. The other versions seem to work fine.

Yes it is the accelerometer version of the game. And I tried it with TF3D on and with TF3D off (Titanium). It seems to work in all modes.

mindfrost82 07-09-2009 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by x10guy (Post 1024883)
Yes it is the accelerometer version of the game. And I tried it with TF3D on and with TF3D off (Titanium). It seems to work in all modes.

Then there must be another underlying cause that nobody has figured out yet...so in the meantime, this is a workaround that should work.

x10guy 07-09-2009 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mindfrost82 (Post 1024898)
Then there must be another underlying cause that nobody has figured out yet...so in the meantime, this is a workaround that should work.

... or just flash with rstoyguy's 6.5 ROM.

mindfrost82 07-09-2009 03:16 PM

Re: NFS (Need For Speed) Undercover G-Sensor Insufficient Memory Fix

That's for the TP though right? My brother-in-law has a Diamond, and I have a GSM TP that requires TF3D to be running too.

x10guy 07-09-2009 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mindfrost82 (Post 1025105)
That's for the TP though right? My brother-in-law has a Diamond, and I have a GSM TP that requires TF3D to be running too.

Yes it is for the Touch Pro (CDMA) and it is for the G-sensor NFS game running TF3D in 6.5.

toastcfh 07-12-2009 11:05 PM

i found a way to make it work over at xda. there solution was to install flipit then enable 0 and 270 degree rotation for nfs. then rotate to landscape and start the game. it should work at this point. if not just exit the game and start it again and it should work. it has worked on several roms for me usin 6.5 and 6.1. hope this helps u guys

mindfrost82 07-12-2009 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toastcfh (Post 1032010)
i found a way to make it work over at xda. there solution was to install flipit then enable 0 and 270 degree rotation for nfs. then rotate to landscape and start the game. it should work at this point. if not just exit the game and start it again and it should work. it has worked on several roms for me usin 6.5 and 6.1. hope this helps u guys

Does it seem to work even if TF3D isn't on? I don't use TF3D, I use Titanium, and even on my Fuze (Touch Pro), it would hang if I didn't have TF3D on for some reason.

x10guy 07-13-2009 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toastcfh (Post 1032010)

Thanks for the info.
Cab file or link?

jmorton10 07-15-2009 11:27 AM

I have three TP's. My everyday phone is running merdin's 6.5/Rhodum TF3D2 & NFS won't run on that even with this fix.

One of the other TP's is running the latest NFS ROM & the game works perfectly in that one with no tweaks at all.

~John

MikeElGiga23 07-15-2009 11:29 AM

yup NFSFAN's rom it runs perfectly cuz he optimized and updated the 3d drivers

Juicy stated that he also fixed it for his next release so im anxious for that cuz ilike it better than NFSFAN's current release

jmorton10 07-15-2009 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike20pr (Post 1036885)
yup NFSFAN's rom it runs perfectly cuz he optimized and updated the 3d drivers

Juicy stated that he also fixed it for his next release so im anxious for that cuz ilike it better than NFSFAN's current release

yea, I like merdin's better than NFS also (that's why I haven't flashed NFS to my everyday phone).

I can live without Need For Speed as I have it in my ipod touch & it's a MUCH better game in the ipod for some reason + the bigger screen is better for gaming (although the graphics are better in the TP)......

I don't always have the touch with me however so I would like to get NFS working for when I need to kill time at work.. ;-)

~John

BioTecK 07-15-2009 01:41 PM

Whenever I get this message I run this little application called "CleanRAM" and that seems to do the trick as well...

jmorton10 07-15-2009 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BioTecK (Post 1037208)
Whenever I get this message I run this little application called "CleanRAM" and that seems to do the trick as well...

Doesn't work for me.

~John

Vegito168 07-30-2009 09:58 AM

Quick question....Does anyone know if there is a non G-Sensor version that I can get since I am using an Xperia X1i? I am a HUGE fan of Need for Speed!!! I would really love to be able to play it on my Xperia. If anyone could supply me with a link, it would be very much appreciated.

Thanx.....

hibby50 07-30-2009 10:05 AM

This doesn't work for the latest Juicy... However he has Rhodium manila.

jmorton10 07-30-2009 05:26 PM

It works fine on the Warrior iphone clone ROM, that's what I'm running now.

The ROM didn't have TF3D at all, but I like Rhodium so I installed it later & it runs perfectly.

~John

jmorton10 07-30-2009 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hibby50 (Post 1069909)
This doesn't work for the latest Juicy... However he has Rhodium manila.

won't run on Energy either....

~John

darren.wlsn1 07-30-2009 05:33 PM

soneone with 6.5 rom and game NOT working please pm me, i think i got a fix with sone editting and dll files but all in a cab. im not positive because im on 6.1. if you pm me, please post here that you sent pm so i dont get 300 pm's.lol

jmorton10 07-30-2009 10:14 PM

PM sent.

~John

hibby50 07-30-2009 10:16 PM

PM sent.

evertec 08-04-2009 08:55 AM

PM sent

jmorton10 08-04-2009 09:14 AM

Just out of curiosity, I cooked a ROM with the erice kitchen & tried that. NFS wouldn't run on it.

~John

evertec 08-17-2009 01:47 PM

Just wanted to let you guys know that in my latest rom (2.45) I have finally figured out and fixed the low memory error.

anilpalepu 08-19-2009 08:35 PM

How to fix this error man..im on ssk cdma rom for diamond..i tried searching everywhere but i cant get NFS undercover to run..

evertec 08-20-2009 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anilpalepu (Post 1111062)
How to fix this error man..im on ssk cdma rom for diamond..i tried searching everywhere but i cant get NFS undercover to run..

It's not something that can be fixed by you, only the rom chef. You'll have to use a different rom (such as mine) or request that the SSK chef convert more modules to files to free up virtual memory space