PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Pocket PC Games (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   SuperMarioBros. Windows Mobile Adventure finally here!!! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=116173)

pixelpower 03-29-2010 01:47 AM

SuperMarioBros. Windows Mobile Adventure finally here!!!

4 Attachment(s)
SuperMarioBros. windows mobile is final here. Travel through grassland,iceland,and boswers castle. Fight goombas ,koopas,drybones,and the big boss himself king boswer.
Avoid gaps and weapons thrown at you by enemies to stay alive.
Fight hard enough and you save princess. Tested and passed inspection on touchpro2 and xperia1x.
Installation:
Extract files from zip. and choose where you want it on your windows mobile pocket pc.
Bugs:
None but as a note sometimes you have to repeat press start button to continue level after you die.
When you die in a level its better to use stylus to press start or exit buttons. Every thing else works perfectly.

Game too tough need tips , then go to bottom of this page for tips and tricks
The cab file of this game is on page 2

horndoctor 03-29-2010 01:54 AM

Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Awesome! :D
Thanks for posting!
Does this work on all resolutions?

itony 03-29-2010 02:05 AM

Re: SuperMarioBros. Windows Mobile Adventure finally here!!!

will try soon thanks!

from the look of those pictures though i wish they had stuck to the classic style like the ones on NES

Padron26 03-29-2010 02:09 AM

been waiting for this.
freaking sweet, i won't be able to sleep now cause im gonna be playing this.

t0mmyr 03-29-2010 03:22 AM

thanks

piranah 03-29-2010 03:28 AM

and i just built a new rom...dang it!....thanks

nrfitchett4 03-29-2010 07:06 AM

tried this. pretty sucky.

fr0st 03-29-2010 07:21 AM

Looks like one of those half ass games with the onscreen controls :).

pixelpower 03-29-2010 08:26 AM

Too tough! Here some tips!!

Ok so you played the game and at some points its pretty tough. Here some tips and tricks to help you out.
1) When you jump but just miss but hit the side of a plateform press forward button and mario can climb up the side of the plateform.
2)Some coins in the game are unreachable, its a trap so dont try to collect every coin in every stage.
3) When you fight final boss bowser stay on left side of screen. You see a platform in the middle of screen moving up and down. You faintly see a turtle in the background and when the moving platform hits the turtle a shell appears. Hit the turtle shell and it hit boswer. Boswer has about 20 hit points so it will be a long fight.
4)When you die its better to use stylus to press start to restart level.

Enjoy the game and have fun if you need any help tell me here or PM me. I always answer all my mail. Hit thanks if I helped you out.Enjoy!!!

bigrel22 03-29-2010 09:17 AM

Wirelessly posted (XV6875.1 Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

when i try 2 unzip the file, it says archive not found or is corrupted. Please Help!

BBHOLIDAY 03-29-2010 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 (Post 1667070)

nrfitchett4,

What didn't you like about the game? This guy posted a free game, so we all can have something new to play, at-least tell him what he could have done better.

bigrel22 03-29-2010 09:55 AM

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.3521/1114; U; en) Presto/2.4.15)

how do u start the game. i hit press start but nothing happens

bigrel22 03-29-2010 09:58 AM

How do you start the game at the main screen? I touch it but the screen just blinks. Exit works fine

pixelpower 03-29-2010 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigrel22 (Post 1667153)

when i try 2 unzip the file, it says archive not found or is corrupted. Please Help!

Ok delete the file you have and redownload it. Now when you get file follow this instrutions
1)click on file
2)Now its open on bottom of screen there should be options,,click on extract all.
3)Now a screen will pop up and ask where do you want to put file ,,select where you wany game and click ok.
4)Now go to folder where you put the game and play.

If you need any more help just PM and I hit you back. I respond to all my mail,thats my reputation.

Hypnotic2010 03-29-2010 10:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here guys, I made a .cab file for easy install with shortcut in games folder, enjoy!

pixelpower 03-29-2010 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hypnotic2010 (Post 1667296)
Here guys, I made a .cab file for easy install with shortcut in games folder, enjoy!

Hyponotic2010 your the man ...thanks alot for the cab. file.

horndoctor 03-29-2010 02:34 PM

Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

So is this only for wvga?

pixelpower 03-29-2010 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horndoctor (Post 1667809)

So is this only for wvga?

Yes there is a VGA version in the themes and software section on the touchpro forum. Download and enjoy!!!

greenskull13 03-29-2010 03:51 PM

can't wait for the vga version

MidwestDrummer 03-29-2010 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Padron26 (Post 1666931)
been waiting for this.
freaking sweet, i won't be able to sleep now cause im gonna be playing this.

I'm guessing you're not a console or PC gamer?

AngeloUCF 03-29-2010 04:09 PM

Cool idea but damn, lack of multitouch sucks. Shame it's not supported

richc3 03-29-2010 04:26 PM

Works reasonably well, as mentioned the lack of multitouch on the phone is a little rough. I imagine keyboard usage might help with an issue like that, but it seems like it crashes when you swap to landscape.

Nonetheless, still impressive. thanks

Padron26 03-29-2010 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MidwestDrummer (Post 1667967)
I'm guessing you're not a console or PC gamer?

loved the game and thanks for the cab.

not really i have had all the systems and have tried to get into it. but i really dont have the time to use them so i end up giving my stuff to my nieces and nephews, like my xbox 360 and ps3 i had them for about 10 months and they had ....maybe 2 hours of play on each. its hard when you work 95-130 hours a week. but my nieces and nephews like it

itony 03-29-2010 05:00 PM

thanks and it's a good starting point but i was not a fan of it so far

the fact that you cant jump and move at the same time(you have to push jump then move) was the first thing i noticed

the second thing was how the goombas just went back and forth in the same spot was kind of weird

MordyT 03-29-2010 06:29 PM

@OP. Nice job, thanks! I appreciate you taking your time to release a free product.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 (Post 1667070)

You know, i looked through all the pages but didn't see your game/app anywhere. Next time don't post unless you have something consecutive to say.

pixelpower 03-29-2010 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MordyT (Post 1668305)
@OP. Nice job, thanks! I appreciate you taking your time to release a free product.

You know, i looked through all the pages but didn't see your game/app anywhere. Next time don't post unless you have something consecutive to say.

Thanks MordyT I hit the thank you button. It took me a while to make this game and I wanted it to be different from regular mario but keep the same flavor. I made it so people who feel left out by nintendo could play Mario on thier phones. Iam glad so many people got to enjoy it.

nrfitchett4 03-29-2010 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBHOLIDAY (Post 1667171)
nrfitchett4,

What didn't you like about the game? This guy posted a free game, so we all can have something new to play, at-least tell him what he could have done better.

controls aren't responsive, every time you die, you don't restart, you turn "invisible", you can still hear mario jumping, etc. have to push start to get him to reappear.
I would gladly pay for an official mario game that actually works.

nrfitchett4 03-29-2010 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MordyT (Post 1668305)

so because I don't make cheesy winmo games I can't have an opinion about one?

nrfitchett4 03-29-2010 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigrel22 (Post 1667211)
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.3521/1114; U; en) Presto/2.4.15)

how do u start the game. i hit press start but nothing happens

just keep pressing start, it will start eventually. try the stylus.

linzgeneral 03-29-2010 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Padron26 (Post 1668041)
loved the game and thanks for the cab.

not really i have had all the systems and have tried to get into it. but i really dont have the time to use them so i end up giving my stuff to my nieces and nephews, like my xbox 360 and ps3 i had them for about 10 months and they had ....maybe 2 hours of play on each. its hard when you work 95-130 hours a week. but my nieces and nephews like it

Dude you work 95-130 hrs a week? I didnt even know that there were that many hrs available...lol:mrgreen:

Padron26 03-29-2010 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by linzgeneral (Post 1668535)
Dude you work 95-130 hrs a week? I didnt even know that there were that many hrs available...lol:mrgreen:

it wouldnt be so bad if i got paid overtime, and most people complain about working 40
thats why i mainly post from my phone.

smileyg 03-29-2010 09:04 PM

Thanks.... I will try this out..

pixelpower 03-30-2010 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 (Post 1668432)
controls aren't responsive, every time you die, you don't restart, you turn "invisible", you can still hear mario jumping, etc. have to push start to get him to reappear.
I would gladly pay for an official mario game that actually works.

Well Nintendo didnt make a SuperMario game so its up to us to fend for ourselves. Its obvious Nintendo doesnt plan to support Windows Mobile. How can you compare me to Nintendo , that has 1000's of employees. What exactly did you expect from 1 person. I only have a few hours a week to make this game , plus Iam self taught, I had no teacher no school I learn what I know on my own time. I did the best I could and the game came out fun. I played the game and maybe if you practice it a little you will get the hang of it and you enjoy it. So instead of jumping on me , try to practice and learn how to play. And remeber all the developers here have jobs and do this for fun. I made this game upon request and put it free for people to enjoy. Sega,Nintendo,Microsoft,and Sony havent really helped us out. So we at pocket pc geeks have to do it on our own and Iam proud of all developers here who help make my phone a joy to use everyday. Dont bash the same people that will help you out, and dont throw big company names who dont even support us. PPC Geeks is the best.
Thank you all for your suggestions and info.

sexkgp 03-30-2010 05:31 PM

Thanks a ton dude for this, was waiting a long time for this. As for the detractors, just ignore those buggers..U have done a fantastic job & will have a lot more people saying thank you than some block head saying otherwise.
Quote:

Originally Posted by rogelio rios (Post 1668905)
Well Nintendo didnt make a SuperMario game so its up to us to fend for ourselves. Its obvious Nintendo doesnt plan to support Windows Mobile. How can you compare me to Nintendo , that has 1000's of employees. What exactly did you expect from 1 person. I only have a few hours a week to make this game , plus Iam self taught, I had no teacher no school I learn what I know on my own time. I did the best I could and the game came out fun. I played the game and maybe if you practice it a little you will get the hang of it and you enjoy it. So instead of jumping on me , try to practice and learn how to play. And remeber all the developers here have jobs and do this for fun. I made this game upon request and put it free for people to enjoy. Sega,Nintendo,Microsoft,and Sony havent really helped us out. So we at pocket pc geeks have to do it on our own and Iam proud of all developers here who help make my phone a joy to use everyday. Dont bash the same people that will help you out, and dont throw big company names who dont even support us. PPC Geeks is the best.
Thank you all for your suggestions and info.

moosen34 03-30-2010 08:23 PM

Lack of multitouch makes this game frustrating and a quick DELETE

Padron26 03-31-2010 12:50 AM

i been playing this for about 2 days now, I think it is pretty cool. you just have to get used to it some will some wont

it could be better and it could be worse, but it is what it is.

Thanks, Rogelio

THE-COPS 03-31-2010 02:39 AM

I have not tried this yet. Has anyone started working on a fix for multitouch on this phone? A lot of the emulators dont even work because of this.

I will try it. But I hope you can tolerate a little constructive criticism... I will have good.. and I will probably have a couple negative things (constructive, mind you).

Nice work on this, especially if you did it on your own. Had to of taken you some time. Wish I had the time for writing/tweaking code.

JDM_SOHC 03-31-2010 07:29 AM

it's decent... nice find though OP...

i been playing with my flashed PSP lately, and I ran across an NES and SNES emulator with the real mario brothers games so i been spoiled lol...

divineazn716 03-31-2010 11:08 AM

lmao hahaha you guys are awesome! i've been reading from the first page and I see you guys really like this game. im definitely going to have to get it going haha... great thread!

BBHOLIDAY 03-31-2010 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moosen34 (Post 1670737)
Lack of multitouch makes this game frustrating and a quick DELETE

Well I guess you'll be deleting all your games from your TP2 then, cause i haven't found one that has support for multi-touch.

Heck....even the street fighter alpha game made by Capcom doesn't have multi-touch.