PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2009, 10:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2, XV6900, XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

Speed_419 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC Touch v. Touch Pro 2.

Could someone take some pics of the two of these phones side by side? It looks like the the new TP2 is going to be about the same thickness as the Touch with the extended battery, but a picture would REALLY be nice.
Speed...

Currently Running
Mighty ROM SE
Old 08-20-2009, 10:50 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: HTC Touch v. Touch Pro 2.

Here's one I took comparing the T-Mobile version to the Sprint Touch Pro: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=189

Here's some others that were taken of the Verizon TP2 and Sprint Touch Pro: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...4&postcount=79
Old 08-20-2009, 11:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8notime View Post
Here's one I took comparing the T-Mobile version to the Sprint Touch Pro: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=189

Here's some others that were taken of the Verizon TP2 and Sprint Touch Pro: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...4&postcount=79
Thanks, but I have already seen those pics. I only have the Touch, not the Pro. After hearing all the problems with the Pro I opted not to get it and have been suffering ever since.
Speed...
Old 08-20-2009, 11:31 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Sorry, I didn't read your post correctly. I just assumed Touch Pro. Unfortunately I don't have my old Touch anymore or I'd post comparison shots for you.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:36 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex
Carrier: Sprint

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8notime View Post
Sorry, I didn't read your post correctly. I just assumed Touch Pro. Unfortunately I don't have my old Touch anymore or I'd post comparison shots for you.
LOL, at first I was like wth? I didn't read it correctly either. To the OP, you are right though its about the same with the extended battery give or take a milimeter or 2. But I don't have a pic either so sorry.

Old 08-21-2009, 12:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

8notime and themuffinman it is ok. I know that I am behind the times and know that it is a long shot to get a side by side comparison of them. I don't mind the TP2 being larger, I am just hoping like hell that it isn't as damn heavy as my old 6700. Don't get me wrong, the 6700 was a beast, but it was also a brick.
To be honest, I really don't care that much though, I miss not having WiFi and a keyboard. Getting a phone that GPS will work on isn't all bad either...hehehe
Speed...
Old 08-21-2009, 02:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630
Carrier: Sprint

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Having had the T-Mo TP2 in my hand...it's more or less EXACTLY the same size as the Sprint TP. If you compare the Sprint TP to the Touch...it should give you a pretty good idea.

If you go to PhoneScoop.com - you can do a size comparison...but it doesn't show you actual size. It will show you size to scale and give you the exact dimensions though. Might be as close as you get until someone has both handy!

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison