PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Phone Comparison (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Diamond vs Storm (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=49083)

tntsniper 12-15-2008 06:04 AM

Re: Diamond vs Storm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ou2mame (Post 578854)
tf3d would be up there with the iphone if it didn't crash.

you can't really compare a windows mobile device to a blackberry device.. they're different beasts. now, if you were to compare the diamond to the omnia, or something else in its realm, you would actually have some info. this question boils down to, do you want a windows mobile device, or a blackberry device. if you can't even figure that out, then you're going to have a hard time narrowing your choices to specific devices.

i wouldn't own a blackberry device because the data plans are more expensive, and the software is very limited. i wouldn't own a diamond because there's no physical keyboard, no sd card slot, and overall, its just not a very functional device. i had one, and had to get rid of it. i have a touch pro, but that too lacks some functionality, like real 3d hardware acceleration, video playback is terrible, and it won't even charge while you're on a call longer than a half hour. these are key flaws that will NEVER be resolved, so get used to them. who cares if it has tv out if you can't even play a video that you took on your phone on the tv at a frame rate higher than 5fps.

i hate when people compare blackberries to windows mobile devices to iphones, to instincts, to whatever else is out there because they kinda look the same. they're all different, and comparing them will get you nowhere unless functionality and service costs mean nothing to you. do you need windows mobile? do you need blackberry? if it really doesn't matter, you're probably better off with a windows mobile device, because at least you have a better chance of adapting it to an actual work situation, if you find one for it.

Well a lot of the flaws your talking about (besides physical flaws) about the diamond have been fixed via roms.. Battery life isn't the best, but has been greatly improved over the past couple months.

I had the storm to play with for a day.. and honestly, I just couldn't grasp the whole concept of the click screen. It sux. Its miserable and its slow. Texting is the most bland, hard, miserable thing you can do. The screen is great, thats it. Lag? Its everywhere. You want to make a simple phone call, wait 5-10secs for the phone screen to pop up. You want to send a text? Sure after going through 5 menus to hit send. Want to send a long email? HA, have fun, your fingers will cramp the eff up after 50 words.

The storm was a huge let down, I personally was hoping it would revolutionize the mobile industry, but it didn't. What it did do was, allow other MFGs to know WHAT NOT to do on a phone. So in a way, it did revolutionize the industry.

psweitzer 12-15-2008 07:48 PM

Re: Diamond vs Storm

Might as well throw my $0.02 in as well... :mrgreen:

I went into the Bell store on the weekend and gave the Storm an honest demo-ing...

I love my Diamond and thought my Touch before that blew just about any Blackberry out of the water (except for the Bold and only because of screen res...) BUT the screen size on the Storm had me intrigued as its the only thing I wish my Diamond had...

Unfortunately the screen size was about the only thing I liked! The floating glass kind of freaked me out... :twisted:
The lag on the unit was unbearable...
As already stated WinMo just has soooo many more possibilities...

That being said I would likely buy the Storm in a minute if I had to use a Blackberry for work... But not for my own personal use...

C'mon HTC HD in a CDMA flavor!!! :protest: