PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Phone Comparison (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Mogul Vs Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=48972)

BigDiesel07 12-13-2008 10:38 PM

Re: Mogul Vs Touch Pro

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkybottoms (Post 576988)
looks like I will be headed for an upgrade in January then, but I am not liking the no IR port

Yeah.. Do you use it a lot?

Quote:

Originally Posted by hbenz2008 (Post 576999)
you may not like no IR but I bet you will like 288MB opposed to 64mb

I second that..

funkybottoms 12-13-2008 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hbenz2008 (Post 576999)
you may not like no IR but I bet you will like 288MB opposed to 64mb

gawd damn you're right =D>

themuffinman 12-13-2008 10:40 PM

Dude, there is no comparison what so ever. Ok fine maybe that mogul has alot more hardware buttons for more customization but other than that its a ****ing blow out. As a matter of fact you should be ashamed of yourself for even creating a new thread just to ask this question. LOL, ok I am just messing with you but yeah the touch pro is where its at.

funkybottoms 12-13-2008 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDiesel07 (Post 577002)
Yeah.. Do you use it a lot?

I second that..

I use it, as for allot i wouldn't say that. I use it when my girl has something to send me or I need to send her. It also works out when I want to transfer something over to a buddy when I am to lazy to email it

funkybottoms 12-13-2008 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themuffinman (Post 577009)
Dude, there is no comparison what so ever. Ok fine maybe that mogul has alot more hardware buttons for more customization but other than that its a ****ing blow out. As a matter of fact you should be ashamed of yourself for even creating a new thread just to ask this question. LOL, ok I am just messing with you but yeah the touch pro is where its at.

HAHAHA I know I feel like a total jerk for asking. I only asked because I heard some people complaining about the keyboard and other stuff. I just wanted to make sure before I drop another $300+ on a phone since I got my Mogul last year in Feb.

themuffinman 12-13-2008 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkybottoms (Post 577021)
HAHAHA I know I feel like a total jerk for asking. I only asked because I heard some people complaining about the keyboard and other stuff. I just wanted to make sure before I drop another $300+ on a phone since I got my Mogul last year in Feb.

There will always be issues with a small percentage of users and of course you can't make everyone happy all the time. Like when I had my 6700 and got the 6800, I had to get used to the feel of the keyboard, I had to get use to the fact that the keybored also slide out in the other direction, I even had to get use to the fact that the 6800 didn't have the little nub antenna. Half the time I was holding my 6800 upside down. The touch pro even took more of a learning curve, the small *** keys on the keybored was a pain at first but now I can type on that thing with my eyes closed and also the lack of hardware buttons took some real adjusting but now that I look back I am glad I got the TP, it is by far the best phone I have ever owned.

syanni85 12-13-2008 11:07 PM

Quote:

looks like I will be headed for an upgrade in January then, but I am not liking the no IR port

bluetooth is better IMO... plus the ONLY thing IR would have over BT is that u can use it as a remote control for a TV/VCR/DVD etc... I prefer regular remote controls anyway

wildpig 12-13-2008 11:46 PM

hardware spec wise, there is no comparison, however you should know that the GPS is not working as perfectly as on the mogul. At this point, that is my only real major complaint......

celsius0010 12-14-2008 12:19 AM

For the sake of arguement I have touch flo 2d on my mogul and that helps improve it alot.. It really makes it a better phone to me.. and I also have a very VERY stable version of android running on it too.. I dont think Android is ported to the TP yet.. And I LOVE my hardware buttons.. I have them all set to my most useful utilities like flash light and oxios memory management.. Now with that said Im getting my touch pro next week and you wont need a memory management app especially if you downgrade to touch flo 2d ( I think its available and thats what I plan on doing).. missing the buttons suck.. But having buttons is out of style so you can either not have em or get an old phone... and waiting for android to port will suck but I still like wm better

meanfishy 12-14-2008 04:10 PM

Quote:

I never have had a lot of luck with the IR port so I use the blue tooth that should do it for ya.