PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you regret switching your Mogul for a Touch?
Yes. 16 51.61%
No. 12 38.71%
I'm indifferent. 3 9.68%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2008, 03:07 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Mogul -> Touch Users, Do You Regret It?

So, it's been almost a year since the initial release of the Touch. I got mine when it first came out and sold my Mogul. After the past year, not a moment has gone by where I didn't regret this switch. I loved my scroll wheel, slide out keyboard, micro SD slot at the bottom, flash on the back (I actually used it a lot), WiFi (only miss that a little), and also somewhat preferred the "bulkiness" in relation to the Touch.

The 128MB of RAM is NOT worth it IMO, which is one of the main reasons I got this thing. I'd rather soft reset daily than be without all the cool things my Mogul came with.

So, the question is for you who have also made this switch: Do you regret it?
Old 09-29-2008, 03:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evotastic
Carrier: Sprint

scheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Mogul -> Touch Users, Do You Regret It?

I have both. I bought a touch with clean esn and changed it to my moguls esn. When the mogul is on the touch is off vice versa. I would not be happy with just the options of either phone. I love keyboard,wifi and flash on mogul. I love lightness, memory and tf2d on touch. I'm hoping the touch pro will be the best of both worlds.
Old 09-29-2008, 03:20 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Threadstarter

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Ew @ the thread move. No one will visit this forum. lol
Old 09-29-2008, 04:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue

bob0builder is a n00b

My wife has the Mogul and I have the Touch. I cant stand using her phone, seems like I have to pull out the touch stylus to do anything on it. Anyways, I voted for Touch + touchpal keyboard = the win ! Bob
Old 09-29-2008, 04:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

ajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to ajones7279 Send a message via Yahoo to ajones7279

I don't regret the switch at all. My mogul gave me nothing but headaches. Lost everything once because of DSOD (It was my first ppc so I wasn't expecting it...and it happened within the first week. Made sure to back my stuff up after that). And it used to freeze up all the time. I loved it when I first got it though...big upgrade from my A900. Then I got the Touch, and had a chance the have them both side by side for a lil bit before sending my Mogul back to Sprint. I never used wi-fi, never used the flashlight of a flash, started using the hardware keyboard less and less (and the screen on the Touch is flush so that helped a lot)...so I didn't see any reason to not switch. Been loving it and haven't looked back since.
Old 09-29-2008, 05:28 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob0builder View Post
My wife has the Mogul and I have the Touch. I cant stand using her phone, seems like I have to pull out the touch stylus to do anything on it.
Heh me too. Got the touch for the wife to replace her dead apache. She'd already moved to an igo BT keyboard on the apache, so the touch works even better for her normal use, which is mostly voice and a little txt/email/surfing, or the BT keyboard if she's going to be doing a lot of text work. Me? it would drive me crazy, but I am able to micro-manage the memory issues on my mogul. I think she likes the size/weight/no weirdness of the touch.
Old 09-30-2008, 12:08 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Threadstarter

The software keyboard lags too much though under a slight load on the memory. Otherwise, it'd probably be much better of a device. I liked my Touch the first month I had it, but only because it was the "new" thing. It was sleek, faster than my Mogul, and had a flush screen. But after that, the shortcomings of it became too large to ignore.

I think it's all dependent on what type of user you are. For one, I have large hands, so a larger device actually makes sense for me. I also rarely use my device as a phone. I'm constantly using it for e-mails and texting more than anything, so not having a hardware keyboard is pretty bad for me.

I think they built the Touch with less quality than the Mogul, too. I dropped my Mogul pretty hard once and never had a problem with it. I dropped my Touch half as hard once and it started to come apart and lost functionality. The screen has developed dark splotches on it, the charger only works when you bend the metal on the USB plug in so it stays in the phone tightly, and recently it started calling people when I'm not pressing anything, lol.

I just can't wait for the Touch Pro.
Old 10-01-2008, 01:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Q, PPC-6700, PPC-6800, PPC-6900
Carrier: Alltel, and Cricket

midiology is keeping up the good workmidiology is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
So, it's been almost a year since the initial release of the Touch. I got mine when it first came out and sold my Mogul. After the past year, not a moment has gone by where I didn't regret this switch. I loved my scroll wheel, slide out keyboard, micro SD slot at the bottom, flash on the back (I actually used it a lot), WiFi (only miss that a little), and also somewhat preferred the "bulkiness" in relation to the Touch.

The 128MB of RAM is NOT worth it IMO, which is one of the main reasons I got this thing. I'd rather soft reset daily than be without all the cool things my Mogul came with.

So, the question is for you who have also made this switch: Do you regret it?
I miss some of the creature comforts of the mogul,, but I love having more memory,,, I use opera 9.5 and I do a lot and I mean LOT of browsing,, opening up tabs like crazy,, and the mogul never never never never would keep up with my browsing habits,, id get really into what I was doing and the browser would close,, i even went in and changed the minimum memory requirements of the phone to 512k and I still just didnt have enough to play with...
I get cranky when Im trying to type a message on my touch because it can be a pain when you are distracted and cant really concentrate on what your doing.. but it is tolerable,,
I think that touchflo has equaled the touch wheel,, but needed improvement which I hope is on its way with the pro...
all in all I find the touch to be way more capable of heavy usage than the mogul was,, even though I still own both,, and still carry both at the same time,, on 2 different carriers,, but when I wanna get online,, I use my touch...
Old 10-01-2008, 01:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO + Palm PRE + Diamond

gearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuff

I also have both phones. And a 6700. And a treo 755p. I replaced the 6700 with the touch and liked it for a while, but then went back to the treo 755. Then once I discovered unlocking and flashing, back to touch. Everything was great, but the hardware keyboard for me is a must have, so I got a Mogul. IMHO - there is a lot to be said for both phones, so I can;t put one over the other because its an unfair comparison. That's why I carry both. Now the 6700 vs. the mogul... thats a different story...

[

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison