PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2008, 07:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apache, Vogue, MotoQ
Carrier: Vzw

rainabba is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrainabba is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrainabba is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Poll: Business question: MotoQ or HTC Touch

If you had to provide a phone to non-tech savvy users for business purposes (email, calendar/reminders, web..) and had to choose between the MotoQ and HTC Touch, which would you choose and why?
Old 05-02-2008, 10:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Poll: Business question: MotoQ or HTC Touch

Do you mean MotoQ or MotoQ9C? Big difference between the two.
Old 05-03-2008, 01:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Universal
Carrier: Globul

xplode is a n00b

If you want Smartphone go for Motorola Q (any) if you want PocketPC Phone (PDA Phone) get the Touch - IMO smartphones are pretty limited
Old 05-04-2008, 11:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

rainabba is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrainabba is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrainabba is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

The Q9c may be an option also so feel free to share your opinion including it also.
Old 05-04-2008, 11:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

As I said, this is for non-Tech-savvy users so limited may be good, but I don't have any management experience here (only what I consider common-sense). That's really why I'm asking.
Old 05-04-2008, 11:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

MightyM0use is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to MightyM0use Send a message via MSN to MightyM0use

I am guessing this is for a cdma provider so I will skip the blackjack2 which I really like. If the people are not tech savy you have to go with the smartphone. Everything is done with menus and softkeys that will be more familiar to someone who has not used a wm phone before. I sell phones for a living and I can tell you that it is much easier to show someone how to use a smartphone, like the motoq, than it is to use a touchscreen device.

If I were buying for myself my answer would be different.
Old 05-04-2008, 11:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyM0use View Post
I am guessing this is for a cdma provider so I will skip the blackjack2 which I really like. If the people are not tech savy you have to go with the smartphone. Everything is done with menus and softkeys that will be more familiar to someone who has not used a wm phone before. I sell phones for a living and I can tell you that it is much easier to show someone how to use a smartphone, like the motoq, than it is to use a touchscreen device.

If I were buying for myself my answer would be different.
I agree 100%. But if you do decide to go the smartphone route, make sure the device runs windows mobile 6, such as the q9c. The original q had a lot of issues, but they seem to have got it right with the new version.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison