PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2008, 06:11 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Anyone ever tempted by the Dark Side?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankiedog View Post
Get the iTouch like I did and just use WMWifiRouter on your Mogul with it.
+1 Me too.

Touch + iTunes (cringe) for podcast/video podcast content download daily = 6gb of fresh content daily (along with the song base) with a good phone/data plan on the other hip (mogul + sprint)

You look like a gunslinger... one on each hip. Works fine

Seriously, for READING email and for surfing (but not entering data on) the web, the iphone/touch are kicking winmo's butt.
Old 04-03-2008, 06:15 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

I'm gonnna drop this thread down into the Phone Comparison thread...as that seems to be what it's turning in to.

Thanks for your understanding and be sure to floss daily.

late,
Coz
Old 04-03-2008, 06:39 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozboogie View Post
I'm gonnna drop this thread down into the Phone Comparison thread...as that seems to be what it's turning in to.

Thanks for your understanding and be sure to floss daily.

late,
Coz
I tried to keep in Mogul-centric but moving it is fine... That is usually a death announcement for a thread... but there wasn't much else to talk about.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:01 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Hermes

Super EmericAn is a n00b

Great topic about being tempted. I remember when the iPhone was first announced. I could sleep for months because I wanted it so bad. Then 3 days before it came out, I bought an 8525 instead because of how much I can do with it over the iPhone. I added some cool mods/everything iPhone has/the occasionaly iPhone skin, but always swoowing people when we were on the go and a friend had to add money from his savings to checking, or check a balance....or if were drunk and we wanna know the closest white castle and popped out the google maps, plus all the other cool ****. Then a few months, like 3 or 4 after my buddy got the iPhone, and all the "oh **** sick phone" attention went straight to him. And ever since he got it, I have wanted it again, could never stop thinking. So I have been visiting him at school the last month or so alot, and I could never stop eyeballing it. So then I got more tempted, and even searched high and low for refurbished iPhones, even contemplated taking the risk of buying one off ebay. Then yesterday my dad was buying some blackjack 2's, and I was sitting there, GAZING at the 16gb iPhone, then saw the display and couldnt stop playing. The next thing I knew, I had my credit card out, and I was signing the reciept for $533.98 for that sexy looking iPhone. Now I cant leave my hands off it, and I feel SO HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!! Im like ****ing Aniken!

Oh, and another exciting thing. The new v2 update comes out in June. And with that update comes SDK, where you can now use all those amazing 3rd party applications without the chance of bricking your iPhone. You can download them right from your phone, change the theme, change sounds, create your own programs and test them on the phone, there will even be exchange/outlook email now. The 3rd party applications is going to be exciting, now I can snag all those cool ones that I'm afraid to do now cause I dont wanna brick it, like video recorder, zoom on the camera, games, television remote, radio, and plenty of other cool stuff.

Last edited by Super EmericAn; 04-04-2008 at 12:05 AM.
Old 04-05-2008, 03:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO

xefe is becoming a great contributor

I just wish the mogul was smooth like the IPHONE .... damn my mogul is f*** slow.... must .... get ..... more ...... RAM !!
Old 04-05-2008, 05:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

One scary thing that we need to keep in mind is that the iphone is still really in its infancy in terms of development and software.
Now that SDK is out and the iphone 3G announcement is coming any day now... it could get even more tempting.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison