PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2008, 03:17 AM
Newsie and More
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Ticklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Anyone ever tempted by the Dark Side?

I feel you to an extent hun but the mogul is not a horrible device, I mean it does have it flaws but what doesn't and with the feature and functions it's not many fone in the US that functionality and features are better and are CDMA....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScandaLex View Post
I actually had an iPhone for several months and sold it. Great device, but since it doesnt do everything I needed it to do, its just became another overpriced gadget.

Ive been a Palm user since the Treo 600 came out- up to and including the 755p. I became a PPC (6700) user 3 months before the Mogul came out. IMO, the Mogul is a horrible device. The Touch is OK; I wouldnt call it superb.

As far as tweaking devices, I can honestly say I am bored out of my mind with doing so. I want a phone that works great and continues to work great after several months of usage. I dont want to have to keep checking my phone- as I did with the Mogul and now with the Touch- just to make sure I havent missed a call cause the damned thing wont wake up.

I dont have a clue what my next phone will be; but right now, I am not feeling the WM6 love.
Old 04-03-2008, 03:34 AM
N00b

Bobby Budnick is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by x10guy View Post
There is no such thing as a perfect device... but if just some of the issues could be worked out, it would be pretty darn close.

For me, it would be a decent browser... for others it probably different.

(I also wonder why there isn't a CDMA version of the TILT... that also would be tempting...)
Have you tried the latest Netfront with settings similar to these? Simple browsing, smart fit rendering, zoom 50%, virtual canvas 640x640, text size larger. I was unhappy with the browsing situation on these devices too until I found Netfront. The only problem I have is it uses all the CPU when it is minimized.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by badutahboy View Post
..but I'd rather have fast internet with a mediocre browser than an awesome browser with dial up speeds.
BTW, what good is a fast internet if you hardly use the browser? (not counting ICS)... It's like having a fast car but not driving it because it's sort of a pain to drive.

It it too much too much to ask to have both?
Old 04-03-2008, 12:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul

sherv is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautica2450 View Post
oh wow! the OP just gave me a flashback to my Cassiopeia E-100... ahh the days of Avantgo mobile 'channels' in leau of an actual browser and real websites. thanks for the stroll down memory lane on that one!

argh! must...supress...bad...memories!

naw, I actually loved the notion of Avantgo channels, it was like a poor man's RSS feed

Old 04-03-2008, 12:48 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotboy8628 View Post
I feel you to an extent hun but the mogul is not a horrible device, I mean it does have it flaws but what doesn't and with the feature and functions it's not many fone in the US that functionality and features are better and are CDMA....
Thas right, let em know Pink...

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 04-03-2008, 01:19 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherv View Post
argh! must...supress...bad...memories!

naw, I actually loved the notion of Avantgo channels, it was like a poor man's RSS feed

The Cassiopeia was actually a pretty good device, of course with some frustrations..... but indoors, the screen was beautiful. Avantgo - what memories!
Old 04-03-2008, 02:01 PM
SDODOM

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I looked at the iphone today. I prefer the Mogul, but if I switched back to AT&T, that would be my phone of choice.
Old 04-03-2008, 02:17 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDODOM View Post
I looked at the iphone today. I prefer the Mogul, but if I switched back to AT&T, that would be my phone of choice.
I think most of us prefer the Mogul (why else would we be here...) but At&T really scored by getting the iphone exclusively for 5 years. With the 3G iphone coming out this summer, it'll be more tempting. The slow data is probably the Achilles heal of the iphone right now.

Hopefully by then, there will be even more improvements/tweaks/programs available for the Mogul.
Old 04-03-2008, 02:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

dont get me wrong, the iphone is an excellent device at what it does, but it simply cant hold a candle to the 6700/6800/touch in terms of raw capability. It does what it was designed to do, and a damn good job of it, but WinMo has too many things going for it for me to switch.

Sure its not as pretty, but think about it, these phones are so capable, that we CAN run software just like the iphones, and tweak it to work EVEN BETTER. That just gives you an idea of how versatile this "old outdated" OS is.

Have I thought about it? yes. But the lack of customization and 3rd party support killed it for me, not to mention Dumb azz at&t's data and voice rates.

For me, Winmo will always be my first choice. Now from what i hear, the iphone can now run full wm6...if it can, ohhhh geez, thats a completelydifferent story

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
Old 04-03-2008, 02:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

neodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Success100 View Post
Now from what i hear, the iphone can now run full wm6...if it can, ohhhh geez, thats a completelydifferent story

Are you serious? Sounds more like an April Fool's joke by an Apple fan who would find such a thing hilarious

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison