PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2012, 02:21 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

shepherdofthedamned is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
I have had several Sammy devices and they all stunk as far as my experiences go.
Compared to all the HTC devices in have had.
HTC all the way.
Even if the next Sammy has better hardware specs it will still blow as far as I can imagine.
Just from my experience.

Judge for yourselves but my mind is made up.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
This! I used Samsung almost exclusively for dumb phones. I have tried several androids, but have been left disappointed

Sent From My Righteous EVO 4G LTE
Old 06-08-2012, 03:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO LTE
Carrier: Sprint

AB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by chong67 View Post

S3 back is all shiny and slippery.

S3 screen is far superior to the LTE.
Many reviews/users I have read say that LCD 2 is better than SuperAmoled.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-08-2012, 09:20 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: LTE vs S3: S3 wins in every category

Quote:
I have had several Sammy devices and they all stunk as far as my experiences go.
Compared to all the HTC devices in have had.
HTC all the way.
Even if the next Sammy has better hardware specs it will still blow as far as I can imagine.
Just from my experience.

Judge for yourselves but my mind is made up.

Did you use an SGS2?
Old 06-08-2012, 11:07 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

I'm all for HTC because of their devotion to sound quality and enhancements. Shouldn't this be in phone comparison?
Old 06-09-2012, 12:31 AM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
Did you use an SGS2?

I was going to ask the same question until I scrolled down and saw yours.
Old 06-09-2012, 12:48 AM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
Did you use an SGS2?
No but I have had so many that were junk that I will never buy another.
Others may have better luck but for me having so many failed Sammy devices I am done with them.
Never have I had any HTC fail like all my Sammy devices.
Plus I actually like Sense.

Old 06-09-2012, 01:10 AM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

Quote:
Others may have better luck but for me having so many failed Sammy devices I am done with them.

Touche, I'm the opposite I guess. Every HTC device I had(Apache,Touch,Diamond, and Touch Pro 2) had to be replaced by insurance for some defect or another, most more than once. Never had an issue with my Moment, Epic, or Epic Touch. In fact I dropped the insurance after I left HTC devices, and haven't needed it since.

The Performance on the Epic touch can't be compared with the earlier samsung devices, it's in another League!
Old 06-10-2012, 12:16 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

princem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to princem131 Send a message via Yahoo to princem131
Samsung burnt a lot of people with their early android devices. Those prototypes that they sold (cuz those buggy POS where not finished products lol), the moment and the intercept and pretty much every phone prior to the Galaxy S phones and honestly probably the SGSII, where horrible. My brother and gf went thru 3-4 moments and then 2-3 intercepts (which was pitched as a solution to issues with the moment smh). Eventually got them on a Evo Shift and a E3D they've been cool since.

SGSII has been really tempting from friends testimonies and the SIII is interesting too (heard you can watch a video pic-in-pic while still doin other things. Only spec that I'm intrigued by) but I just can't forget the crap I went thru with my family and their early phones. Dealing with those left such a bad taste in my mouth idk if I can switch teams lol.

Positive Vibrations

Check out my blog: http://brownhandstech.blogspot.com
Old 06-11-2012, 03:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

frazy is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to frazy

According to Sprint's Website, the S3 comes with " 4.8" (1280x720) HD Super AMOLED touchscreen" and the Evo LTE comes with " 4.7" HD 720p Super LCD touchscreen.

Can someone please clarify all this pentile crap I've been reading. Explain the true difference between AMOLED vs. LCD to people on here. Thanks
Old 06-11-2012, 10:51 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:

Just like Gullz, I have the opposite experience.

Failed chip and nand on HD2 phones, bad emmc chips on MyTouch 4G, bad buttons on MyTouch 4G slide, bad screen on Sensation 4G...

The SGS was plagued with issues, but the SGS2 is a world of difference. There was no HTC phone that even came close to being as fast/stable/awesome as the SGS2, that's why Samusng sells more phones than HTC and why the SGS2 was known as the best smartphone. Samsung also outsells Apple because of the SGS2. You should use one before opining, it may change your mind. Let's talk SGS3 a little bit.

You have to actually use it (even if just at the store) before saying the Evo LTE is any better.

I know I ranted about the S4 chip a little but honestly it's a really good chip. I saw some actual benches and I think the RAM will actually make a real difference. Dalvik VM will put it to very good use. While the Evo LTE ships with 1GB RAM and Sense hogging up a good percentage of it, the SGS3 has 2 GB RAM and ships with the light and fast touchwiz UI, which I actually hate. But launchers such as Nova and Apex IMO run better over an AOSP-like framework than they do over Sense.

With the screen I don't think it makes too much difference. SLCD vs SAMOLED, honestly I have/had both and your eyes adjust to whichever one you use pretty fast. Both have 720p displays and your eyes can't tell individual pixels at that resolution on ANY smartphone. The reason you might think the Galaxy Nexus didn't look all that great was probably due to a bad screen issue known on the device. My Galaxy Note looks amazing and crisp and PenTile or not, I personally think it beats the ATT HOX screen.

I think the SGS3 will outsell the HOX (and all variants like the Evo LTE) and will also outsell the iPhone 5.

The reason I would get the SGS3 over the Evo LTE if I were on Sprint:

1) EXTREMELY easy to root and flash, who knows what updates to the Evo are going to do to rooters and flashers.

2) 2GB RAM will make a difference.

3) .1" bigger screen. Don't think it will show a little? Hold up an iPhone next to a Nexus One (.2" difference) and see how noticeable it is.

4) Sense Framework. Even if you like it, it noticeably hogs more resources, even with another launcher over it.

5) Samsung works WITH developers, not against them. They don't lock down bootloaders, they don't make you void your warranty and jump thru 20 hoops to get a bootloader unlock on SOME devices. They are even working with developers to find out what part of a new leaked kernel is hard-bricking devices. I swear HTC is turning into the Android version of Apple and it's getting pretty annoying. I used to swear by HTC and I loved their phones. The HD2 is still my favorite phone ever because it runs every OS out there besides iOS. But I am getting with the SGS3 over the HOX variants available to me.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison