PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Phone Comparison (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   New phones coming out this year on sprint? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=148813)

Consigliere 01-23-2012 01:35 AM

New phones coming out this year on sprint?

So I've been using WinMo since about 2008, started with the Touch Pro. I think it's about time to switch to Android from the TP2. Don't really care for (cr)apple or the new Windows Phone..

Does anyone here have any news on what phones will be coming out and when? I want the best hardware available. Been holding out on getting a new phone for awhile now. I'd prefer HTC because of the UI, but would also be open to Samsung. I wish they would make a phone like the Touch 4G, EVO etc with a pull out keyboard. I like being able to text without having to necessarily having keep my eyes on the phone. But whenever they release a smart phone with a keyboard lately it's on a phone with some small crap screen! I want to "do it big" damnit! LOL. Giant screen, quad processor if available, keyboard! It just doesn't make any sense why they wouldn't make the EVO/3D/4G Touch without a real keyboard, it pisses me off! Kinda like how the Diamond was to the Touch Pro, that's how it should be!

So what's the scoop on new phones to be coming out? How much longer do I need to wait until I can upgrade and have it be worth it. Getting tired of all the glitches and slowness the TP2 has. :violent2:

t0mmyr 01-23-2012 02:30 AM

Re: New phones coming out this year on sprint?

i wish this was out for sprint

Samsung Captivate (TM) Glide Cell Phone - from AT&T

EyeB 01-23-2012 02:32 AM

biggest android with keyboard that sprint has is the epic :S it's getting a bit old but still a good phone

for how thin the keyboardless phones are, i've seen some clip-on bluetooth keyboards for phones that make it a "slider". just have to remember to charge both the keyboard and the phone at night :S

though this thread should be in phone comparison/carrier discussions probably, not really a tp2 issue

Consigliere 01-23-2012 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eyeb (Post 2165485)
biggest android with keyboard that sprint has is the epic :S it's getting a bit old but still a good phone

for how thin the keyboardless phones are, i've seen some clip-on bluetooth keyboards for phones that make it a "slider". just have to remember to charge both the keyboard and the phone at night :S

though this thread should be in phone comparison/carrier discussions probably, not really a tp2 issue

Yeah they need to make the Touch 4G or EVO/3D with a keyboard. Not likely though. So I'm saying the new phones that come out had better have a sliding keyboard, with the biggest screen available. I don't care if the damn thing is the size of a laptop almost! LOL. Seriously though, making it thicker won't hurt! Most people would rather have that I think.

That's a cool idea about the clip on bluetooth keyboard. I'll have to look into that if the next crop of phones don't have a slider.

I had considered posting this there, but it's a ghost town. I want to talk about this where people still actually post. And get insight from fellow TP2 users, of which they are waiting to jump on. Nothing that is out right now is an option for me like I said, I want to wait for the next crop of phones. I want the best phone out there on the market! :P

(Although I am tempted to get a Touch 4G, I would miss the HTC UI. Plus the Touch 4G is going to be out of date soon I bet.)

Consigliere 01-23-2012 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by t0mmyr (Post 2165484)

That screen is too small for me, and there wasn't any tech info on the processor. :|

vzihome 01-23-2012 08:25 AM

Rumors of samsung note comming to sprint, I'm in! Screen big enough I wouldn't need a hw keyboard.

Sent from my Touch Pro 2 using Tapatalk

Riley 01-23-2012 10:13 AM

Moved to phone comparision, thanks.

eric12341 01-23-2012 11:18 AM

Not trying to start anything but android has glitches and slowness too.

gTen 01-23-2012 03:11 PM

The only phone I have heard coming is the Nexus Prime to sprint. I really hope sprint comes out with a decent keyboard phone this year. The sad part about the Captivate Slide is its weaker processor then a GS2. And its sad because its a top end phone too (price wise). Keyboard phones have room for better specs then none keyboard phones due to more real-estate but unfortunately at this point they have worse specs :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2165528)
Not trying to start anything but android has glitches and slowness too.

I have been trying to find that feature, but no luck so far :/

fixxxer2012 01-24-2012 12:13 AM

im sure lots of new phones are coming to sprint & verizon..so on. we will know for sure at mobile world congress in febuary.