PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2012, 01:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Consigliere is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New phones coming out this year on sprint?

So I've been using WinMo since about 2008, started with the Touch Pro. I think it's about time to switch to Android from the TP2. Don't really care for (cr)apple or the new Windows Phone..

Does anyone here have any news on what phones will be coming out and when? I want the best hardware available. Been holding out on getting a new phone for awhile now. I'd prefer HTC because of the UI, but would also be open to Samsung. I wish they would make a phone like the Touch 4G, EVO etc with a pull out keyboard. I like being able to text without having to necessarily having keep my eyes on the phone. But whenever they release a smart phone with a keyboard lately it's on a phone with some small crap screen! I want to "do it big" damnit! LOL. Giant screen, quad processor if available, keyboard! It just doesn't make any sense why they wouldn't make the EVO/3D/4G Touch without a real keyboard, it pisses me off! Kinda like how the Diamond was to the Touch Pro, that's how it should be!

So what's the scoop on new phones to be coming out? How much longer do I need to wait until I can upgrade and have it be worth it. Getting tired of all the glitches and slowness the TP2 has.
Old 01-23-2012, 02:30 AM
Threadstarter
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium 400

t0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to t0mmyr
Re: New phones coming out this year on sprint?

i wish this was out for sprint

Samsung Captivate (TM) Glide Cell Phone - from AT&T

Old 01-23-2012, 02:32 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

biggest android with keyboard that sprint has is the epic :S it's getting a bit old but still a good phone

for how thin the keyboardless phones are, i've seen some clip-on bluetooth keyboards for phones that make it a "slider". just have to remember to charge both the keyboard and the phone at night :S

though this thread should be in phone comparison/carrier discussions probably, not really a tp2 issue
Old 01-23-2012, 05:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Consigliere is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeb View Post
biggest android with keyboard that sprint has is the epic :S it's getting a bit old but still a good phone

for how thin the keyboardless phones are, i've seen some clip-on bluetooth keyboards for phones that make it a "slider". just have to remember to charge both the keyboard and the phone at night :S

though this thread should be in phone comparison/carrier discussions probably, not really a tp2 issue

Yeah they need to make the Touch 4G or EVO/3D with a keyboard. Not likely though. So I'm saying the new phones that come out had better have a sliding keyboard, with the biggest screen available. I don't care if the damn thing is the size of a laptop almost! LOL. Seriously though, making it thicker won't hurt! Most people would rather have that I think.

That's a cool idea about the clip on bluetooth keyboard. I'll have to look into that if the next crop of phones don't have a slider.

I had considered posting this there, but it's a ghost town. I want to talk about this where people still actually post. And get insight from fellow TP2 users, of which they are waiting to jump on. Nothing that is out right now is an option for me like I said, I want to wait for the next crop of phones. I want the best phone out there on the market! :P

(Although I am tempted to get a Touch 4G, I would miss the HTC UI. Plus the Touch 4G is going to be out of date soon I bet.)
Old 01-23-2012, 05:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Consigliere is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0mmyr View Post
That screen is too small for me, and there wasn't any tech info on the processor.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Dos

vzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Rumors of samsung note comming to sprint, I'm in! Screen big enough I wouldn't need a hw keyboard.

Sent from my Touch Pro 2 using Tapatalk
Old 01-23-2012, 10:13 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Moved to phone comparision, thanks.
Old 01-23-2012, 11:18 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Not trying to start anything but android has glitches and slowness too.
Old 01-23-2012, 03:11 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

The only phone I have heard coming is the Nexus Prime to sprint. I really hope sprint comes out with a decent keyboard phone this year. The sad part about the Captivate Slide is its weaker processor then a GS2. And its sad because its a top end phone too (price wise). Keyboard phones have room for better specs then none keyboard phones due to more real-estate but unfortunately at this point they have worse specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
Not trying to start anything but android has glitches and slowness too.
I have been trying to find that feature, but no luck so far :/

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-24-2012, 12:13 AM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

im sure lots of new phones are coming to sprint & verizon..so on. we will know for sure at mobile world congress in febuary.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison