PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Phone Comparison (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Hmm... The iPhone or the Samsung Galaxy S? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=147990)

Jonathan at Design 11-15-2011 02:14 AM

Hmm... The iPhone or the Samsung Galaxy S?

I have reached the end of my previous contract and due for an upgrade. I cant decide between the iPhone which is a really good phone in all, or the Samsung Galaxy.

I want a peaceful debate on which phone would be better. I'd prefer valid arguments, don't say stuff like, there's more free apps on android, that's the worst excuse to get a phone.

I have right now, a Blackberry Bold and I am tired of it, want to move onto other phones. I really like both the iPhone and the Samsung but cant decide.

eric12341 11-15-2011 05:37 AM

Re: Hmm... The iPhone or the Samsung Galaxy S?

Why not also consider wp7? Better than the iPhone.

gTen 11-16-2011 01:26 AM

What do you use your phone for? and what is most important to you? this way we can give you a better assessment.

EyeB 11-16-2011 10:45 AM

personally I like hardware better than software since software can be changed/customized easier than hardware on phone... and android has better hardware (except for battery life)

Well that's my basic train of thought, since I see no difference between iOS and Android, to me it's the same as coke vs pepsi and they taste the same to me :D

Carla 11-16-2011 11:28 PM

Saying Android as a whole has better hardware isn't correct simply due to the fact that the hardware ranges from fairly basic to high end. I have both the E4GT and the 4S and I use my iPhone a lot more than my E4GT.

Riley 11-17-2011 02:46 PM

moved to phone comparison.

eric12341 11-17-2011 02:54 PM

There's the move, I wonder why @CarlaDarla or @gTen didn't handle that.

gTen 11-17-2011 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2156097)
There's the move, I wonder why @CarlaDarla or @gTen didn't handle that.

Carla is not a mod, she is retired hence the purple. As for gten...well have you ever owned a cat before? if you did you would know why...

lol jk

It depends, each mod has their own policy. In my case my policy is to give a thread a day or 2 then move it. Other mods policies differ from mine and it is up to each mods discretion on how to proceed, if 2 mods disagree we have super mods to make a decision and beyond that we have admins.

orangekid 12-22-2011 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eyeb (Post 2155869)
personally I like hardware better than software since software can be changed/customized easier than hardware on phone... and android has better hardware (except for battery life)

Well that's my basic train of thought, since I see no difference between iOS and Android, to me it's the same as coke vs pepsi and they taste the same to me :D

I what way does android have better hardware?

The iPhone 4s outbenches every android device except a couple of categories on the Galaxy Nexus.

The iPhone 4s has a better camera than any Android device ever made, it has a a better screen resolution than almost any android device. What hardware are you referring to exactly that Android has that's better than the iPhone?

eric12341 12-23-2011 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gTen (Post 2156099)
Carla is not a mod, she is retired hence the purple. As for gten...well have you ever owned a cat before? if you did you would know why...

lol jk

It depends, each mod has their own policy. In my case my policy is to give a thread a day or 2 then move it. Other mods policies differ from mine and it is up to each mods discretion on how to proceed, if 2 mods disagree we have super mods to make a decision and beyond that we have admins.

@gTen yea I know I just wanted to see what you'd say.
Quote:

Originally Posted by orangekid (Post 2161418)
I what way does android have better hardware?

The iPhone 4s outbenches every android device except a couple of categories on the Galaxy Nexus.

The iPhone 4s has a better camera than any Android device ever made, it has a a better screen resolution than almost any android device. What hardware are you referring to exactly that Android has that's better than the iPhone?

@orangekid yea too bad it doesn't run on our beloved magenta in full 3G in most areas. People are so desperate to get it on there that they're willing to put up with EDGE speeds.

orangekid 12-23-2011 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2161523)
@gTen yea I know I just wanted to see what you'd say.

@orangekid yea too bad it doesn't run on our beloved magenta in full 3G in most areas. People are so desperate to get it on there that they're willing to put up with EDGE speeds.

I know, but you actually CAN get 3G for tmobile for iPhones in some areas.

T-Mobile Rolls Out 3G Support For Unlocked iPhones In U.S. | Redmond Pie

eric12341 12-23-2011 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangekid (Post 2161536)
I know, but you actually CAN get 3G for tmobile for iPhones in some areas.

T-Mobile Rolls Out 3G Support For Unlocked iPhones In U.S. | Redmond Pie

@orangekid I know that what I said. Hopefully it comes to Chicagoland so I can get me a TITAN.

Dr.8820 12-23-2011 11:04 PM

Wirelessly posted (ACS WP7 Guide Mango'd: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_6_3; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.16 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0 Safari/533.16)

@Eric12341, you can get a titan and use internet sharing from the HD7 to get 3g speeds :D.

eric12341 12-24-2011 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.8820 (Post 2161576)
Wirelessly posted (ACS WP7 Guide Mango'd: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_6_3; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.16 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0 Safari/533.16)

@eric12341, you can get a titan and use internet sharing from the HD7 to get 3g speeds :D.

@Dr.8820 doing that would put me back into the situation I was in during my transition week. I was hoping to just have 1 device.

orangekid 12-28-2011 10:30 AM

Yeah @eric12341, I really hope we get some of that in Texas too.

It's annoying getting Edge speeds all the time when I use an iPhone.