PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Phone Comparison (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   EVO 4g or EVO Shift? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=146379)

miz@r 08-11-2011 12:40 PM

EVO 4g or EVO Shift?

I just got really good deals on those 2 cels. I know they are a year old.

But the price is worth it.

The ovious difference wil be the sceeen size and the keyboard differences.

But I like those 2.

Please let me know any important differences that can help me make a better choice.

PS

Can they be upgraded with the new sense 3?

Thanks in advance.

nasa1303 08-11-2011 12:58 PM

It all comes down to size and keyboard. If u have to have the bigger screen then go with the EVO 4G. If u have to have the keyboard ur stuck with the smaller screen.

They are both HTC devices so there is really no comparing anything but physical differences. It's just a matter of ur personal preference.

The EVO 4G has sense 1.0 and shift has 2.1 so if ur not planning on rooting then the shift does have a newer sense version. If ur rooting then i ran roms on my 4G that had sense 3.0, and that is the only way to upgrade sense is to root.

One more thing. I am not a fan of the shift so I really didn't pay attention to it when it came out because of me already having my EVO 4g, but I'm not sure if the shift is a 4G phone.

Sent from my PG86100 on the PPCGeeks App

Biggnaa20 08-11-2011 01:19 PM

Re: EVO 4g or EVO Shift?

The Shift is a 4g phone.

One more difference, the Evo4g comes with a 8gb micro sd card. The Shift only has a 2gb card.

miz@r 08-11-2011 06:57 PM

The only HTC phone that i've ever had was an old htc diamond cdma. And I use custom roms all the time. If rooting is not difficult then I will go for it.

How about the sense 3 performance can those 2 hold it?

Thnaks

Riley 08-11-2011 11:43 PM

Moved to phone comparison forum. btw, I would keep the Evo 4g. My wife has the Shift so I know both devices pretty well. Overall, the Evo runs smoother and she always complains about the smaller touch keyboard. She never uses the pull out keyboard so the screen size becomes a factor. Both are solid though.

orangekid 08-12-2011 04:02 PM

screen size on the shift just too small for me and I hate keyboards, but it's to each his own man, no real difference.

miz@r 08-13-2011 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rileyd5 (Post 2136869)
Moved to phone comparison forum. btw, I would keep the Evo 4g. My wife has the Shift so I know both devices pretty well. Overall, the Evo runs smoother and she always complains about the smaller touch keyboard. She never uses the pull out keyboard so the screen size becomes a factor. Both are solid though.

there is no more to ask... will go for the 4g

fixxxer2012 08-14-2011 09:06 PM

go evo4g.

miz@r 08-14-2011 10:07 PM

how hard will be to root an evo 4g? Is there any rom that has sense 3?