PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Palm Treo Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Buttons and Screen Don't Work After Hard Reset (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=143545)

mapemberton12 05-10-2011 02:04 PM

Buttons and Screen Don't Work After Hard Reset

Hi All,

I just did a hard reset on my Treo Pro. Everything appeared to be working fine. I did the screen alignment drill, which worked fine. However, after the "Treo customization" process runs its course, the touch screen and buttons appear to stop working. The center button still turns the screen on after it goes dark, and the power button still turns the screen off. The qwerty keypad buttons do nothing, neither do the four hard buttons around the center button. The d-pad buttons also no nothing. I've tried multiple hard and soft resets with the same results. Any ideas? The buttons and screen have always worked perfectly up until I did this hard reset.

Thanks,

Mark

Rut Dog 05-11-2011 02:30 AM

Re: Buttons and Screen Don't Work After Hard Reset

I'm no expert. But my non-expert first thought is it sounds like hardware failure.

How old is it?

You can get used Treo Pro's on eBay pretty cheap.

mapemberton12 05-11-2011 01:44 PM

It's about a year and a half old. Never had any hardware issues till I did the hard reset. There seems to be some software problems because the today screen that comes up is incomplete.

thanks

mapemberton12 05-11-2011 02:03 PM

It's about a year and a half old. Never had any hardware issues till I did the hard reset. There seems to be some software problems because the today screen that comes up is incomplete.

thanks

mapemberton12 05-13-2011 12:43 PM

Turns out it was a firmware problem. I couldn't get the HSPL to work because I was losing my connection. After reading lots of posts, I tried unplugging and re-plugging the phone, which re-established the connection so I could complete the flash without controls on the phone.

Also, a local repair guy suggested doing a soft reset right before the "Treo Customization," which seemed to be where the problem was. It worked! By resetting there, the normal installation was interrupted and the controls worked fine when the phone finally booted up. Props to Jason at Motor Mouth Wireless in Wichita, Kansas for some great advice!

mthstc 09-28-2011 12:00 AM

Hi,
My Treo Pro had the same problem, but I don't understand what your solution to fix. Kindly description clearly for me.
Thanks and BRs.

mthstc 09-29-2011 12:52 AM

Help me, help me.
Is there any BuildROM without align screen?