PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Palm Treo Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   So with WinMo7 coming in Feb. Will someone be able to port it to the Treo? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=105316)

PAPutzback 01-08-2010 03:13 PM

So with WinMo7 coming in Feb. Will someone be able to port it to the Treo?

I see over at Engadget they are taling about a February release for it. Will this require a lot of time to get it to work on the Treo. I was thinking it was the unlocker that was the biggest hurdle from what I have read here.

gksmithlcw 01-09-2010 06:42 PM

Re: So with WinMo7 coming in Feb. Will someone be able to port it to the Treo?

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAPutzback (Post 1471509)
I see over at Engadget they are taling about a February release for it. Will this require a lot of time to get it to work on the Treo. I was thinking it was the unlocker that was the biggest hurdle from what I have read here.

If the Treo's hardware can handle it, it can most likely be ported.

MikeElGiga23 01-09-2010 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gksmithlcw (Post 1474581)
If the Treo's hardware can handle it, it can most likely be ported.

thats the kicker.....

CFay 01-11-2010 10:28 AM

I HIGHLY doubt it... Treo hardware is no where near close to the next gen devices that are slated for Win Mobile 7. Ie Snapdragon Processor etc. Plus Win Mobiles 6.5 port was not a cake walk either to get everything functional when I first started it because I had to go in blind as it had never been even attempted before.
-CFay

cordodor 01-20-2010 02:08 PM

Seven may be announced in february, but it wont be released then... & CFay is right about the hardware requirements.

orangekid 01-20-2010 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cordodor (Post 1503959)
Seven may be announced in february, but it wont be released then...

true, but remember we were flashing unofficially released 6.5 roms about a year before that OS came out officially, so you could start seeing unofficial 7 builds sooner than you think.

acidhax 01-23-2010 03:58 PM

No, you won't see WinMo7 on our devices. It's a whole new architecture. We're using a different WinCE base.

jaypro 02-16-2010 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAPutzback (Post 1471509)

so PAP.. have u made any stride with this question.. i read the rest of the comments to your question.. now that WM7 is officially out, will we ever be able to ported to our treo pros?!!!!
thnx..

mindfrost82 02-16-2010 07:18 PM

Its not officially out, just announced and a demo. Its not expected to hit devices until the holiday season, so we have a good 8-10 more months before we see it on devices.

Now, if it gets leaked like WM6.5 did, then that's a different story. I honestly don't see it coming to the Treo Pro though, its too old of hardware. Probably the Touch Pro 2 though and maybe the Touch Pro since they have larger screens.

jaypro 02-16-2010 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mindfrost82 (Post 1570209)
Its not officially out, just announced and a demo. Its not expected to hit devices until the holiday season, so we have a good 8-10 more months before we see it on devices.

Now, if it gets leaked like WM6.5 did, then that's a different story. I honestly don't see it coming to the Treo Pro though, its too old of hardware. Probably the Touch Pro 2 though and maybe the Touch Pro since they have larger screens.

... not what i wanted to hear but surely thnx much for the reply mindfrost82:)