PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Palm Treo 700W/WX (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Honestly, It's a close call. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=8426)

Reako10 09-13-2007 12:15 PM

Honestly, It's a close call.

I recently purchased the iPhone from running the treo for over a year. Regardless of what people say, this phone is VERY skinnable, retains possibility for 3rd party applications, and works flawlessly. I have never had to do a restore, or even a soft reset on this phone with all my extras added. Just throwing a honest opinion for those who wonder. BTW, I still love my treo. So sad.

Reako

CozBoogie 09-13-2007 12:58 PM

Trader!

late,
Coz

Reako10 09-13-2007 01:21 PM

Of all the people to respond, I was certainly expecting you to be the first. lol

Reako

jeffH70 09-13-2007 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reako10 (Post 86801)
retains possibility for 3rd party applications, and works flawlessly. I have never had to do a restore, or even a soft reset on this phone with all my extras added. Just throwing a honest opinion for those who wonder.

Reako

I do not know iPhone let you have 3rd party software as of yet. ](*,) If you run a hard reset on Treo phone to turn it into stock, you do not need to soft reset either. My coworker has a bare Treo and he only needs to software reset once a month as precaution with exchange email enabled. The need to reset in most of the time was caused by the 3rd party software and I think Apple knew that very well. =D>

Jeff

CozBoogie 09-13-2007 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reako10 (Post 86838)
Of all the people to respond, I was certainly expecting you to be the first. lol

Reako

But of course Reako...I wouldn't want to let you down. And you know that I'm just giving you a bad time with that "trader" smack:)

late,
Coz

Reako10 09-13-2007 08:17 PM

True. Regardless, GO iPHONE!! and treo...lol

Jeff: Apple was completely unaware of 3rd party apps until lately. It seems they are nuetral on the subject, and hopefully will not cut them off with the next software update. The relevance I was suggesting was that the iPhone seems MUCH, MUCH more stable with 3rd party apps as compared to the tempered Treo.

Reako

JackSchitt28 09-13-2007 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reako10 (Post 87065)
True. Regardless, GO iPHONE!! and treo...lol

Jeff: Apple was completely unaware of 3rd party apps until lately. It seems they are nuetral on the subject, and hopefully will not cut them off with the next software update. The relevance I was suggesting was that the iPhone seems MUCH, MUCH more stable with 3rd party apps as compared to the tempered Treo.

Reako

thats because there are'nt as many apps out there for it as there is for windows mobile. give it some time and they will be all over the web, and the resets will follow.

h11013 09-14-2007 12:44 AM

how does it handle exchange and pop emails? i heard i shit the bed pretty bad

Reako10 09-14-2007 02:49 AM

That is a downfall. It does handle Gmail very well, so I just use Izymail to forward my MSN mail to Gmail, and then I just setup Gmail with me phone. Not to mention Gmail has a better spam mail collector so it works well in the long run. The best part about the 3rd party apps available for the iPhone is that all of them are installed via an Installer.app that is sent to the phone. Everytime you open the installer it analyzes the apps you have installed, and searches for an update. If there is one, it will ask if you would like to indeed update the software now, if not it just keeps it in an Update folder within the app. Completely surpasses windows mobile apps in which you need to consistently look for updates.

Reako

JackSchitt28 09-14-2007 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reako10 (Post 87241)
That is a downfall. It does handle Gmail very well, so I just use Izymail to forward my MSN mail to Gmail, and then I just setup Gmail with me phone. Not to mention Gmail has a better spam mail collector so it works well in the long run. The best part about the 3rd party apps available for the iPhone is that all of them are installed via an Installer.app that is sent to the phone. Everytime you open the installer it analyzes the apps you have installed, and searches for an update. If there is one, it will ask if you would like to indeed update the software now, if not it just keeps it in an Update folder within the app. Completely surpasses windows mobile apps in which you need to consistently look for updates.

Reako

thats a nice feature. a friend at work has an iphone, and i messed with it this morning, i gotta say, it is a nice little device. if i were on at&t or t mobile, i would get one for sure.