PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2008, 04:33 PM
Lurker

jasonpaul is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Need Help Please

First of all ppcgeeks rocks and everyone in it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have already tweaked my mogul with your help and now I am trying to help a friend with their 700wx ---- I need help b/c this is not my phone and I don't know as much ----
I already have HHC on it for them (which they requested)
I have hidelogo downloaded and a soft reset done, but it is not working ---- i noticed in one forum that it said to use the soft right menu key to check hide lookup field --- -which I don't have ---- please help with this
also i haven't noticed many 700wx's using the HHC --- so I don't have as many ideas or pictures to take from
Yall are so knowledgeable any suggestions as to what goes well with this program or any tweaks to make better

Trying to use freeware that is not on a trial basis if you have any suggestions in that direction

Thank you in advance and keep rockin!!!!!!!!1
Old 01-09-2008, 04:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6800
Carrier: Verizon

redifrogger is a n00b
I know that my Verizon 700wx's right soft key has 'Preferences' and when I select that, 3 options come up, with the 3rd being 'Hide Lookup Field'. If I check that with the 'HideLogo' selected in the 'Today Settings' the carrier line at the top disappears. Maybe you have Sprint, and Sprint is different?? But if you have Verizon, should work. Let us know.
Old 01-09-2008, 05:59 PM
Lurker

jasonpaul is a n00b
didn't think about that -- I do have Sprint ---- there has to be the same option somewhere but where I don't know
Old 01-09-2008, 06:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Nagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on rep
It's the same with Sprint. If your friend doesn't have menu as the right soft key then something you guys did changed it.
Old 01-09-2008, 06:55 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Quote:
Originally Posted by redifrogger View Post
I know that my Verizon 700wx's right soft key has 'Preferences' and when I select that, 3 options come up, with the 3rd being 'Hide Lookup Field'. If I check that with the 'HideLogo' selected in the 'Today Settings' the carrier line at the top disappears. Maybe you have Sprint, and Sprint is different?? But if you have Verizon, should work. Let us know.
Sprint and Verizon 700wx are the same in this manner.

late,
Coz
Old 01-09-2008, 06:57 PM
Coz-erator

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonpaul View Post
didn't think about that -- I do have Sprint ---- there has to be the same option somewhere but where I don't know
I'd start with a soft reset. Are you sure you're friend has a 700wx and not a 700p? What other apps/software have you loaded. From your Today Screen what happens when you hit the right soft key? On the Today Screen what does it say above the right soft key?

More info please.

late,
Coz
Old 01-09-2008, 07:11 PM
Lurker

jasonpaul is a n00b
this was first after a hard reset to get back to factory b4 I started loading stuff in. And I practice doing a soft reset after each program I download. Currently my bottom 2 are left soft key = phone and right soft key = contacts.

Earlier I even removed all the programs I had added to try and see what options I had and the only thing that changed was the left soft key = messaging

I appreciate the help what other options do I have

Also noone has mentioned the phone bar that shows the numbers you are dialing ---- how does this get removed

BTW --- thks for the help so far
Old 01-09-2008, 07:15 PM
Lurker

jasonpaul is a n00b
quick thought -- is the right soft key = preferences --- is that from a certain program that might be loaded onto the phone already that I don't have --- not sure.......reaching a little

also i have seen it before but couldn't find on a quick search ---- tell me how to post a pic of today screen and I will....not sure if needed though
Old 01-09-2008, 07:22 PM
Coz-erator

Quote:
this was first after a hard reset to get back to factory b4 I started loading stuff in. And I practice doing a soft reset after each program I download. Currently my bottom 2 are left soft key = phone and right soft key = contacts.

Earlier I even removed all the programs I had added to try and see what options I had and the only thing that changed was the left soft key = messaging

I appreciate the help what other options do I have

Also noone has mentioned the phone bar that shows the numbers you are dialing ---- how does this get removed

BTW --- thks for the help so far
If your right soft key says "contacts" that tells me that your WM system isn't loading completely. "Contacts" under the right soft key is a hold over from the Palm OS (IIRC).

Quote:
quick thought -- is the right soft key = preferences --- is that from a certain program that might be loaded onto the phone already that I don't have --- not sure.......reaching a little

also i have seen it before but couldn't find on a quick search ---- tell me how to post a pic of today screen and I will....not sure if needed though
Screen capture information is in the first post of this thread.

I'd perform another hard reset and report back with your results.

late,
Coz
Old 01-09-2008, 07:46 PM
Lurker

jasonpaul is a n00b
I will do another hard reset, but my friend hasn't backed everything up again yet, so I will have to wait another day.......

In the meantime you seem to have knowledge and the be the only person responding --- anything with this bar dialer on the today screen

also any suggestions to add to the HHC home customizer program or know some additional skins to add to what they offer anything is a plus ----

thanks again

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX