PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Palm Pre (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Palm Pre, what's the fuss? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=75253)

jethro_static 08-01-2009 02:37 PM

Re: Palm Pre, what's the fuss?

Quote:

Originally Posted by imneveral0ne (Post 1074710)
why not just let your brother be happy with his new phone?

That's a good one. And If U allow me to add, Why don't U be happy for ur brother too?

jethro_static 08-01-2009 02:39 PM

About the subject. Please allow webOS to mature. It's just been here for a couple months to mature. The has so much potential. It will prolly not only can flash a better ROM, U can prolly change the OS's or Dual boot with a completely diff. OS in the future. I read it somewhere on Engadget.

gearjunkeez 08-01-2009 03:42 PM

As a user of both the Pre and touch pro side by side, i would just like to say that even though I have been a WinMo user for years, love the roms, flash constantly, and preach WinMo to all iPhone fanboys, I gotta say I love the Pre for what it is. I did not expect it to come shooting out of the gate as good as an iPhone or even close to WinMo. As it stands, it is pretty awesome and easy to use, has good apps and an intuitive OS. But - that being said, I still faithfully carry my Touch Pro on my other hip (so to speak) as well.

MikeElGiga23 08-01-2009 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imneveral0ne (Post 1075317)
I'm hibby? o.O lol

Hahaha sorry bro, I'm browsing from my pre and glanced at your avatar, it reminded me of hibby lol

boredandtattooed 08-01-2009 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imneveral0ne (Post 1074710)
why not just let your brother be happy with his new phone?

holy sh*t, your from wyandotte???? i grew up there LOL

spiritcrusher33 08-01-2009 05:04 PM

I had a pre for like 2 weeks! for the most part i loved it. and palm really came through on the os. but the hardware is why i took it back. felt too cheap. my headphone jack got stuck..the volume rocker fell out etc.. so i took it back. got a curve again..lol that lasted 2 weeks. then sold it for 250 on cl. just gonna give that line to m 11 yr old. with a rumor 2..Long live the diamond,lol

imneveral0ne 08-02-2009 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boredandtattooed (Post 1075561)
holy sh*t, your from wyandotte???? i grew up there LOL

Only lived here for a few years, i grew up in dearborn ^_^

Alksion 08-02-2009 02:58 AM

Look I am happy for him, maybe I was not clear enough. He is always been talking smack on windows mobile, how there is no purpose for such horrible phones. Like how they constantly freeze and how sluggish they are. He is saying that you don't need to flash ROMS when your phone is already equipped with a good (Web OS) one. My freaking point was I have tried to show him the goods in WinMob and how it can be useful but he won't hear of it. So I was seeing if anyone on here had some other useful advice, but I guess I was wrong.

CozBoogie 08-03-2009 12:34 PM

Moved to the Pre Forum.

late,
Coz

tx_dbs_tx 08-05-2009 07:52 AM

It's very simple... "To each his own". If your brother wants to bash other devices let him. He has a great device in his hands I can assure you of that too. But you don't need to convince somebody of something if they are determined not to listen or be open minded. You are wasting your time. Just tell him you love your laggy Windows mobile and your brother can tell you he loves his NO lag Palm Pre. Who cares... Everyone has the right to prefer one device over another and everyone also has an opinion. It seems your brother is convinced that he will be keeping his Pal Pre just like you are convinced that you will be sticking with Windows Mobile. You both have valid points so just stop bickering back and forth and enjoy your phones of choice. People have been arguing about Ford vs Chevy for years... Know what I mean? Let it go.