PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Palm Pre (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   3+ weeks w/ the pre (vs sprint touch pro) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74636)

spiritcrusher33 10-21-2009 09:36 PM

Re: 3+ weeks w/ the pre (vs sprint touch pro)

as they say go with what your heart tells ya.lol

ivan1.ruiz 10-21-2009 11:02 PM

im confused..lol windows mobile or webOS???? man is a hard choice

Carla 10-22-2009 04:06 PM

WebOS.....It's awesome!!

spiritcrusher33 10-22-2009 04:25 PM

webos is awesome..but i have concerns bout the hardware again. ive got the oreo effect..lol I hope this is just one of the early models..waiting to hear back from sprint regarding a replacment.. as i will not be driving 30 + miles to a repair center...they can mail out a replacement and i will return the defective pre.. done that many times before in the past dont know why they are making a big deal bout it now.lol

mlin 10-22-2009 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ivan1.ruiz (Post 1252367)
I have been using the palm pre for about 2 months now and I like it a lot but the battery is so bad. I messed with the TP2 that my wife has now and my friends have and im beginning to think i want to go back to making Roms for the TP2 and tweaking WM. One thing i liked from the windows mobile is that with SPB backup i could backup my whole phone with all reg edits and ring tones and everything. i miss that and the screen is huge. any way im still thinking about it but i dont know what to do now.

I'm in a similar boar, I have the Pre, been using it on and off since July (rotates with my Diamond), and my wife just got the TP2. The TP2 is a really sick phone and much improved over the original, the camera and build quality are my favorite and most notable improvements. The Pre is cool, but for some reason I haven't used it in 3 weeks... It is a nive phone with a great OS, unfortunately I don't know if WebOS is here to stay. Goo

Carla 10-22-2009 05:18 PM

What is Oreo Effect?

hiero4life 10-22-2009 06:15 PM

The "oreo" effect is phone turning like an oreo cookie when you take off the top and bottom of the cookie.

mlin 10-22-2009 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarlaDarla (Post 1255343)
What is Oreo Effect?

It is the subtle twisting between the two (top and bottom) halves of the phone. If you don't try to "twist your phone like an oreo," it shouldn't be an issue.

Carla 10-22-2009 06:34 PM

I am soooo curious to try, but I won't, since it sounds like it could be a problem.

spiritcrusher33 10-23-2009 10:07 AM

well sarah from dan@sprint.com call this morning..she is sending me a out a brand new pre free of charge.lol and didnt even want the old pre back. she said, she was sorry for the trouble that i had with tech support and chatting online.. And gave me her work number for future calls... I was like wow all i wanted was a replacement etc..and u went the extra mile.. I told her this is one of the reasons i stay with sprint..im always taken care of in the end even if it take awhile to get there, lol