PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Palm Pre (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Palm Pre hacked and running on Verizon (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74357)

tx_dbs_tx 07-22-2009 04:01 AM

Re: Palm Pre hacked and running on Verizon

Do you guys realize that Sprint has faster data speeds than Verizon? I had Verizon for 6 years before finally switching to Sprint a year ago. The main reason I switched was because Verizon is way too expensive and I got tired of paying 350+ per month for two BlackBerries w/data and shared 1400 minutes. Add insurance on both lines, text bundle plus taxes and my *** still hurts... I pay 200 per month now for two lines (Simply Everything) and have anything and everything offered and UNLIMITED EVERYTHING. This includes insurance on both my phones and taxes. No more suprize phone bills. All that trouble to activate a Sprint phone on Verizon just to give them more of your hard earned money... I don't get it. If you want a Palm Pre then tell Verizon to take a hike like I did. I have just as good signal, call quality if not better. But data speeds with Sprint is noticably much faster. Just my opinion

jhonny11 07-23-2009 10:10 AM

As for faster data, I'd like to see the actual speed tests for that, and for the signal strengths overall it really depends on area. In my area, sprint has little coverage - I can be in the same house with a sprint person and I have a great signal and they have little.

But for the prices - I'm not sure what plan you had, but I have 1400 min, 5 lines, unlim text on all and data on one and pay $200/mo. If I just had 2, both with data, it'd be the same price (drop 3 lines - $30/mo, add data - $30/mo ;)

syanni85 07-23-2009 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tx_dbs_tx (Post 1051538)
Do you guys realize that Sprint has faster data speeds than Verizon? I had Verizon for 6 years before finally switching to Sprint a year ago. The main reason I switched was because Verizon is way too expensive and I got tired of paying 350+ per month for two BlackBerries w/data and shared 1400 minutes. Add insurance on both lines, text bundle plus taxes and my *** still hurts... I pay 200 per month now for two lines (Simply Everything) and have anything and everything offered and UNLIMITED EVERYTHING. This includes insurance on both my phones and taxes. No more suprize phone bills. All that trouble to activate a Sprint phone on Verizon just to give them more of your hard earned money... I don't get it. If you want a Palm Pre then tell Verizon to take a hike like I did. I have just as good signal, call quality if not better. But data speeds with Sprint is noticably much faster. Just my opinion

vzw has the stronger more reliable network coverage-wise, but it is true, sprint's data speeds feel about twice as fast as vzw... sigh, the only thing i miss about sprint :(