PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Palm Pre (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Sprint Palm Pre (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=70812)

mdmogren 06-06-2009 10:37 PM

Re: Sprint Palm Pre

Quote:

Originally Posted by M2Iceman (Post 959482)
Got mine today and a couple things about it. First off, Love the phone and the potential.

Runs very hot while charging, cant tansfer files via bluetooth, RUFKM!
Screen is absolutely beautiful. Web browser is fast to render. Very surprised there isnt more apps at launch, but thats why Im on this site, hoping some will come. Cant get into alot of the basic functions that I would like. Cant change ringtone for texts.

Anyone know what the effect of Synergy will do for custom ROMS? If the phone is updating daily and finds the OS has been altered, will it be bricked? I hope not but I have yet to read anything about custom ROMS. I know noone has had the OS to be able to create a ROM but Im hoping it can be done.

I will complain about small crap but I really like this phone.

I just picked one up as well - I only want my texts to vibrate so I can just turn the sound off - but still dumb.

My other gripes are:
1) No copy/paste from the browser (what good is copy/paste w/o that??)
2) No flash support yet
3) No tethering! Come onnnn 3rd party tethering app!

mbaseball3 06-06-2009 10:38 PM

just checked the phone out a bit ago and man I would rather chill with cody and our 200 bucks of alcohol than spend it on the pre. I dunno maybe it grows on you but there is no simplicity on it. I spent 15 mins trying to figure out how to send a blank text. maybe I missed something but only way I at the time figured it out was after I put in a fake contact. then you have the choice of whatever lol. and what's a touch screen device with no on screen keyboard? for me the palm fails. im kinda sad if sprint really put all their stakes into this phone hoping to revive the company. wm devices all the way!

willybeen 06-06-2009 10:58 PM

subscribed im interested to see what the reviews are and see if anybody successfully can A. tether with it and B. get it for the 299 price while retaining their sero plan.

Drybonz 06-06-2009 11:14 PM

Lol... you guys get a party with free alcohol and my Sprint store tells me, when I get there today, that they didn't even get a single one of them in stock.

shaggylive 06-06-2009 11:17 PM

typical sprint. flood some markets and starve the others

kanesis 06-07-2009 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slbailey1 (Post 959335)
No, it's not possible to use the Pre as a modem.

YET apps can be made

Machinehead 06-07-2009 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kanesis (Post 959673)
YET apps can will made

Fixed

poorlyduck 06-08-2009 12:37 AM

sprint failed with the instinct bull **** and they're going in the same direction with the pre, the phone has more downs then up's, I will definitely stay with windows mobile, Touch pro 2 here I come!!!

shadowfender42 06-08-2009 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poorlyduck (Post 961292)
sprint failed with the instinct bull **** and they're going in the same direction with the pre, the phone has more downs then up's, I will definitely stay with windows mobile, Touch pro 2 here I come!!!

How does it have more downs? Its absolutely amazing, my buddy just got his and Ive been playing with it......Wish I had sprint. Yes it doesn't nail everything on the head but its about the best overall phone Ive had the chance to mess with yet.....That is till the Xperia X2 comes out :mrgreen:

And btw Ive loved your themes and cube skins on the vogue :)

Merdinh 06-08-2009 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poorlyduck (Post 961292)

I think your quite a bit wrong there, i know everyone has their opinions, but this phone is like a president, and the Instinct is like a Mayor.