PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Palm Pre (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Palm Pre On GEEKS? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=70376)

Blaqdymun 06-01-2009 06:07 PM

Palm Pre On GEEKS?

I was just wondering if the Palm Pre will be welcomed on PPCGeeks seeing how it's not a PPC, but it is one of the most interesting phones to be released since the iphone (so I was told). I don't have an iphone so please don't start ripping me apart!

I'm just interested in knowing whether the phone will have a place on this great site because I will be a Palm Pre owner on day ONE!

MikeElGiga23 06-01-2009 06:13 PM

Re: Palm Pre On GEEKS?

i would like this too but i believe that NO is the answer they will give ya, they focus on windows mobile devices only

otherwise the G1, BB Storm, or even the iPhone would be added here already

CozBoogie 06-01-2009 06:15 PM

Well since PPCGeeks supports Windows Mobile devices (and the Pre has a totally new OS), then it's unlikely that there will be direct support.

But don't let that stop you from posting about it here in the Off Topic Forum.

late,
Coz

sanmanc 06-01-2009 08:23 PM

Is it possible to create a sister site called pregeeks.com?

j_j 06-01-2009 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanmanc (Post 948971)
Is it possible to create a sister site called pregeeks.com?

You'll have to take that up with him
Andrew Carton
81 Lexham Gardens
London, W86JN

otherwise pregeeks.org is available lol

sanmanc 06-01-2009 09:30 PM

He bought the domain as soon as the Pre was announced.

ivan1.ruiz 06-05-2009 09:58 AM

nice but nothing there yet.. try this site:

PALMPRE

sanmanc 06-05-2009 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ivan1.ruiz (Post 956359)
nice but nothing there yet.. try this site:

PALMPRE

I've been looking at treocentral's sister site http://www.precentral.net/. Membership in the former give you access to the later.

Zyphlin 06-05-2009 04:55 PM

Yeah, I post over at PreCentral rather regularly. Its a good forum, but I'm not sure I'd rate it in the same kind of league as a PPCGeeks, though really I should hold judgement till the phone actually comes out.

Its a great fan forum. However, I'm anxious to see a forum where development of software, tweaks for the phone, etc are talked about once it gets out in an in depth fashion like it seems to be here and at XDA (though it depends how open WebOS is to start with and as time goes on).

That said...

I think it would be neat with there being a number of other big OS's out now to see a PPC subforum perhaps for the Pre/WebOS, Android, and grudgingly iPhone perhaps. But wouldn't be a huge deal. PPCGeeks should always stay primarily a WinMo type site.

K & M Computers 06-05-2009 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zyphlin (Post 957120)
Yeah, I post over at PreCentral rather regularly. Its a good forum, but I'm not sure I'd rate it in the same kind of league as a PPCGeeks, though really I should hold judgement till the phone actually comes out.

Its a great fan forum. However, I'm anxious to see a forum where development of software, tweaks for the phone, etc are talked about once it gets out in an in depth fashion like it seems to be here and at XDA (though it depends how open WebOS is to start with and as time goes on).

That said...

I think it would be neat with there being a number of other big OS's out now to see a PPC subforum perhaps for the Pre/WebOS, Android, and grudgingly iPhone perhaps. But wouldn't be a huge deal. PPCGeeks should always stay primarily a WinMo type site.

fyi, I just posted a review of the Pre in this section of the forum.