PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Palm Pre (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   How many of you switched to the Pre from the Touch Pro? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=100226)

MikeElGiga23 01-27-2010 12:42 AM

Re: How many of you switched to the Pre from the Touch Pro?

Quote:

Originally Posted by TechnoBoy (Post 1518762)
I just switched to the Pre from a TP2. I was ready to get away from windows mobile.

ditto.

now I'm amazed on how webOS has grown since it came out. When I got my first Pre in July I was really dissapointed by how much it lacked and now I'm playing Assasins Creed in full friggin 3D!! I am extremely happy with my Pre and now is the best time to jump on the bandwagon with the new PDK making and hardcore app or game possible with our 3GS-like chips

newone757 01-27-2010 03:36 AM

I switched from a tp2 as well and im not looking back at all. I hate even touching my tp2 now its a backup phone

IFMISM 01-27-2010 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike20PR (Post 1519484)
ditto.

now I'm amazed on how webOS has grown since it came out. When I got my first Pre in July I was really dissapointed by how much it lacked and now I'm playing Assasins Creed in full friggin 3D!! I am extremely happy with my Pre and now is the best time to jump on the bandwagon with the new PDK making and hardcore app or game possible with our 3GS-like chips

I see you got your pre back. I have the tp2 and the hero, currently trying to get my pre back too. So tell me is it better than the hero because I am missing webos and multitasking

MikeElGiga23 01-27-2010 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IFMISM (Post 1519988)
I see you got your pre back. I have the tp2 and the hero, currently trying to get my pre back too. So tell me is it better than the hero because I am missing webos and multitasking

depends on what you use it for.

I use my Pre mainly for web browsing, music and games (recently lol thanx to 3D games and Visualboy Avance) and it rocks in every category.

Everything aout webOS is so elegant and well done i cant ask for a better browser, email app, sms app, music app etc. in one package. Screen is much nicer and more vibrant than the Hero (64 million colors vs 16k) Multitasking is second to none, camera is MUCH BETTER, And after the performance boost of the 1.3.5 update, its faster than the Hero in almost every way since it does have a ARM Cortex A8 that its being put to good use and i believe it will be able to handle flash 10 better than the Hero with it

The only thing i need to completly forget than any other OS exists is a full featured native file manager app (or something like Astro) and ability to freely download anything via the web. Im in no rush so im completely happy with the pre as opposed to the Hero which was awesome but drove me over the edge with slow browser and text imput <---- but if the Hero had a faster CPU in the first place, i never would have left it

QnzMobb 02-04-2010 04:07 AM

after a yr with the TP i just switched to the Pre and let me tell you i haven't put the pre down since i got it .. while the pre isn't prefect by far i've had a couple of lag issues and a very annoying email issue its 10x the phone the TP wish it could have been for half the price!

InsomniacJedi 02-08-2010 02:11 AM

The Pre might be better than the TP, but it can't hold a candle to my Touch Pro 2.

I had a Pre from launch and it was TERRIBLE. Everytime the hardware on it broke I'd have to manually put all my contacts back in. The Palm Profile would somehow magically lose all but 2 of them.

I loved the Pre when I first got it...but after about 90 days and 3 different Pre's because they kept breaking, I got the Touch Pro 2 and I haven't looked back since.

drvon 02-11-2010 12:27 AM

I have now jumped ship from the touch pro to a palm pre, and loving every moment.

SteveAlaniz 02-11-2010 06:28 PM

New radical Pre convert here too. I was offered this model to replace my TP, that decided to just crap out a little each day. By the end, the screen only functioned if I had one finger depressing it at all times, and keyboard failure, blah blah blah.

I have to be honest and state that I walked into a Sprint store determined to get a TP2. The Pre seemed like such a downgrade and I never really gave it a second thought. But after playing around with one in the store, I realized it was everything I ever tried to accomplish with my TP. I almost felt embarrassed thinking about how long I spent perusing through posts trying to find a reg. edit(s) to speed things up, or flashing the latest ROMs on a holy quest to make WinMo look and feel like a pleasant experience. After tinkering around with a TP2, that has a great screen size and keyboard, I was not impressed at all. It would be like upgrading from a Camaro to a stock Corvette, with the same 'ol engine under the hood: Windows Mobile. I can't imagine HTC, or any other phone manufacturer, still producing Windows phones for much longer without a major overhaul to the operating system.

FOR TP OWNERS ON THE FENCE...GET THE PRE!! Everything is smooth and snappy, screen is bright and colorful, and no more naked flash dances! If you're scared you won't have that "complete control" feeling, don't be. There are tons of apps, tweaks, and themes to juice it up. Updates are downloaded OTA, and don't kill any data either. What's really exciting is the new 1.4 update, which will hopefully pave the way for integrated flash, and include a few new cool features.

ale896 02-18-2010 12:40 PM

MEEEE!!!

I got the Pre on a warranty exchange from the TP, and I LOVE this phone! Battery life is horrible, but other than that, the phone WORKS! I am getting used to the Pre, coming from Windows Mobile (since the T-Mobile Dash!) but I am loving the options for programs, and I love its snappiness! I wanted to try another type of phone to see if I could survive without Windows Mobile, and so far, so good!

BrandiBran 02-25-2010 11:22 AM

I switched from TP to Pre... I thought it was normal to have lockups everyday and stuff... UNTIL I got the Pre. I actually was offered the Pre when I took my TP into a repair center, and had no idea how cool it was. But I like it.

I miss a few things about my TP, like Windows Remote Desktop feature which allowed me to log in to my work computer from anywhere. And I miss miss miss SKYFIRE. But other than that... I like the Pre's performance.

I need to just break down and spend $60 on that 2600ma extended life battery, then I'll be in heaven. :)