PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   News Archives (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   There's a MAP for that lawsuit (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=94827)

new2tech 11-05-2009 05:16 PM

There's a MAP for that lawsuit

Anyone else think this is lame of AT&T to sue verizon? I thought the commercial was hilarious and great marketing. It was dumb of AT&T I think because of all the neg press they will get from it.

Map for that Commercial

Lawsuit Link

FalloutMan 11-05-2009 05:31 PM

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16643; U; en))

well what do you expect? im sure at&t had some pressure from crapple to sue. the ad brings up a great point though, at&ts 3g sucks balls. i work on coranado island (a few hundred yards from san diego downtown) and all the iphone users get stuck with edge.

darren.wlsn1 11-05-2009 05:39 PM

Re: There's a MAP for that lawsuit

they both suck so sue each other. lol

spiritcrusher33 11-05-2009 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 1301838)
they both suck so sue each other. lol

lol exactly..

I think thats why sprint ( outside of the stupid instinct vs iphone ) never have really attacked other carriers. more less stay on the sidelines. and let the others duke it out...

Its like verizon finally got creative,, and now att thinks uh oh.. and starts crying that they are being picked on.lol

gimme5 11-05-2009 07:17 PM

Yeah, another dumb lawsuit, what else is new? You're right, all AT&T will win from this lawsuit is negative press.

snowplow54 11-05-2009 07:31 PM

lol, this reminds of when apple decided they wanted to sue over the "laptop hunters" ads. It's funny because all the Mac ads I've seen never say anything about features or hardware or anything. It basically says "buy a mac, its better". Very hypocritical in my opinion.

i360 11-05-2009 07:32 PM

If the maps are accurate then I don't see a FTW via ATT.
This would be based on public knowledge.

Now egg on the face for ATT?
Sure, but they deserve it by monopolizing the iphone on their crappy network.

badchad 11-05-2009 08:33 PM

I believe the lawsuit was focused on the impression the maps would give consumers.

AT&T was upset because the map didn't accurately depict the entire network's coverage, rather only 3g areas.

ehanhan 11-05-2009 10:00 PM

AT&T is just *****hurt because Apple is taking them for a ride with the iPhone...

thejacer 11-05-2009 10:14 PM

it stews down to this: according to at&t they have 3g coverage everywhere. we all know its a load of bull but they can make that claim because 3g is a very ill defined term (some digital communications officianados still consider evdo and hspa to be 2.5 or 2.75g and not true 3g). Because 3g is so horribly defined at&t feels they can brand their edge connection 3g and get away with it. making the verizon commercials false advertisement.

i see one good thing that COULD come from this law suit: some actual criteria for the diffferent cellular commucations.