PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   News Archives (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   CDMA to LTE Data Handover Completed.. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=81237)

Whosdaman 08-27-2009 03:26 PM

Re: CDMA to LTE Data Handover Completed..

Sprint is planning on releasing the TouchPro2 with full 4G readiness

Malatesta 08-27-2009 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whosdaman (Post 1125126)
Sprint is planning on releasing the TouchPro2 with full 4G readiness

Well then you're the only one who knows this and I must say, I thoroughly disagree :silent:

Touch Pro 2 is EvDO RevA only with Wifi. No Wimax.

ott 08-27-2009 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malatesta (Post 1125197)
Well then you're the only one who knows this and I must say, I thoroughly disagree :silent:

I second this, Sprint's Touch Pro 2 is EvDO RevA, this is a 100% fact. It is nice that it's a World Phone, but it is RevA.

Whosdaman 08-27-2009 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malatesta (Post 1125197)

I believe a radio update can cure this though, no?

bikeandestroyx 08-28-2009 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whosdaman (Post 1126034)
I believe a radio update can cure this though, no?

nope its hardware, not software. A radio cannot upgrade the hardware on the tp2.

TnA-2xXtReM 08-29-2009 12:02 PM

A good insight what the future of cell phones and it services has to offer :) I just hope that the hardware of future phones increase faster than the data speed being upgraded now.

BigDiesel07 08-29-2009 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TnA-2xXtReM (Post 1127604)
A good insight what the future of cell phones and it services has to offer :) I just hope that the hardware of future phones increase faster than the data speed being upgraded now.

Agreed... Without the hardware to access the quicker data speeds, there is limited use for the speed..

gozzz 08-29-2009 12:55 PM

Sprint doesn't have 4G, even if they claims that is is a 4G carrier. 4G is going to be a constant with LTE or WI-MAX, both will be a ip based network getting speeds of up to 10-12Mbps download and 2-5Mbps upload. In sprints crazy effort to regain customers they are claiming that REV-A= 4G which plain isnt true. its the 1st revision to EVDO< all they are doing is buffing up their network and making all their towers REV-A capable. Verizon is going with LTE(long term evolution). There is a substancial difference between the two networks and authentication on the server end of the data connection. The only phone provider currently that has manufactures a device that can support the LTE network currently is Sony-Erricsson. Either way eiher 4G technology is not going to hit the states until at least 3rd quarter 2010.

Malatesta 08-31-2009 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gozzz (Post 1127680)
In sprints crazy effort to regain customers they are claiming that REV-A= 4G which plain isnt true...

Where is Sprint claiming Rev A is 4G? They are most certainly not advertising it that way. They are advertising that they are the first to launch 4G in the U.S., which IS true. They are.
Quote:

Originally Posted by gozzz (Post 1127680)
Either way eiher 4G technology is not going to hit the states until at least 3rd quarter 2010.

Err, completely false.

Sprint has launched "4G" Wimax in July and is continually adding cities. You can buy the modem card now and it is $10 extra a month for access.

Here it is being used and the speed test in Baltimore.The U300 on Sprint already does 3G/4G.

Sprint won the 4G battle for launching and coverage. Verizon has to play catch up now.